+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT! Got the Ready for Visa email but WP will expire this week.

Otaner

Feb 3, 2017
Hi guys,

I've received the "Ready for Visa" email asking for our passports but I have some concerns before submitting it.

- Our Work Permit is going to expire this Friday, September 13, do I need to extend it with my employer before sending the passport to IRCC? I am afraid to send the passport and be without a valid status in the next week (not able to work as well).

- We are living in Canada for more than 3 years and our child was born here on July 29, 2019, should I update something in my application even if the baby was born in Canada? If yes, I am still waiting for his birth certificate and I am expecting to receive it any time this month.

I was about to go to the border today to extend my work permit through my employer (they already paid the fees), but now I'm not sure if I should go and spend about $400 for a WP that I will need for only a few days... Do I have a valid status after submitting my passport? Can I still work? Can my employer get the fees paid back?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Otaner

Feb 3, 2017
Can I maybe apply online and get the implied status till I get my PR and ask for a refund later?