+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT - First time landing but Daughter have to return within 2 weeks

Jit

Apr 4, 2011
Hi,

I received PR in last Month. I am planning to land Vancouver on 2nd June 2011. At present processing time to received PR card is 32 business days. But my spouse and Daughter have to return within 2 Weeks as my daughter have no more vacation. If I collect their PR card and Can I send them by mail to India?

Are they leave Canada without PR card ? Are any problem when re-enter in Canada or at the time of applying for Citizenship ?

If anybody knows please reply soon so I can book flight ticket accordingly.

Thanks in advance.

-JIt

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is no problem leaving and you can collect their PR cards and either mail them or have them sent by courier.

smallders

Feb 19, 2011
Leon said:
There is no problem leaving and you can collect their PR cards and either mail them or have them sent by courier.
Hi,
We are planning to "land" in August this year in Vancouver, stay for two weeks and then return to England so my son can complete his exams. We have friends and relatives in Canada to whom we could arrange for our permanent residency cards to be sent. However, I was told by Canadian Citizenship and Immigration when I phoned them that it is illiegal to send permanent residency cards on to an address outside of Canada and if our friends or relatives do this the cards will be seized and our friends/relatives will be arrested for fraud! Is this right? If so, how do others manage if they have to leave before their permanent residency cards arrive? Can we travel back to Canada without the cards and collect them from our friends/relatives when we return to Canada next June? Or will they have expired by then? And can we get back in to Canada without the cards? I think we are "visa exempt" as we are British Citizens with Uk passports but not sure if this means we can get back in to Canada 10 months after leaving, without the residency cards?
Hoping someone can advise on this...I wanted to do a new post but couldn't work out how to do it so replied to this one instead - sorry!

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
smallders said:
Hi,
We are planning to "land" in August this year in Vancouver, stay for two weeks and then return to England so my son can complete his exams. We have friends and relatives in Canada to whom we could arrange for our permanent residency cards to be sent. However, I was told by Canadian Citizenship and Immigration when I phoned them that it is illiegal to send permanent residency cards on to an address outside of Canada and if our friends or relatives do this the cards will be seized and our friends/relatives will be arrested for fraud! Is this right? If so, how do others manage if they have to leave before their permanent residency cards arrive? Can we travel back to Canada without the cards and collect them from our friends/relatives when we return to Canada next June? Or will they have expired by then? And can we get back in to Canada without the cards? I think we are "visa exempt" as we are British Citizens with Uk passports but not sure if this means we can get back in to Canada 10 months after leaving, without the residency cards?
Hoping someone can advise on this...I wanted to do a new post but couldn't work out how to do it so replied to this one instead - sorry!
You can post them outside of Canada, many people do this.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If somebody told you it was illegal, you should have asked them to give you a link to that law so you can look it up yourself. As far as I know, there is no such law. However, immigration may not like it that people do this, possibly because many people do not have a secure address to get the PR card mailed to and they may give a friends address who might not be a friend any more by the time the PR card arrives and will sell it or destroy it. Another reason might be that when the attempt is made to mail the card to another country, it could also get lost at that point.

When you land, if you say that you will not be at your PR card address when it arrives, the IO may decide to withhold your card for the time being. That doesn't mean that you are not PR, it just means that you will have to give immigration an address later when you are in Canada to stay. If you are back to stay within 6 months, you just give them your address and they send you the card but if it is more than 6 months, you have to fill out a PR card application, send them new photos and $50.

Jit

Apr 4, 2011
smallders said:
Hi,
I am returning in my home country within 3 months. Can I carry PR card of my spouse and daughter with me?

sunnytwin

Star Member
Mar 23, 2011
Malaysia
Category........
Visa Office......
Kuala Lumpur
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Aug-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent to CIO
AOR Received.
07-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent to CIO
Med's Request
05-April-2011
Med's Done....
24-April-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-June-2011
PR card is for re-entry into Canada. If somehow you do not have one, you can apply for a tempory travel visa before making the re-entry journey. See link here:

http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/goc/travel_document_pr.shtml

smallders

Feb 19, 2011
Baloo said:
You can post them outside of Canada, many people do this.
Thank you so much for the advice - it is very helpful. Sorry for the delay in responding but I thought I would get an email if/when someone responds - didn't realise I needed to log back in and look!