+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent! Father name difference and sibling relationship proof

bharry0101

Nov 24, 2017
The difference in my case was just one alphabet in my father's name.

While making an affidavit the lawyers put the required stamps

kalani123

Star Member
Sep 28, 2019
The difference in my case was just one alphabet in my father's name.

While making an affidavit the lawyers put the required stamps
Thanks bharry.. But I already planning to submit one affidavit for my name as initials are expanded in passport but not Wes..

So again one more affidavit for father name means am not sure what VO can think.. Also for SINP it's mentioned like, we don't accept affidavit in SINP official page..

mamit1

Aug 3, 2016
Hi Guys, I have just realized a similar situation for me but my problem is that I submitted my application already (more than three months ago) I noticed the document that I uploaded showing proof of sibling relation has one letter missing in my Father's name (an A in the end) in my brothers passport. the name on our birth certificates has a third spelling (not on either of our passports) but they match but his birth certificate does not have the last name for our father.
My question is that is there any way for me to submit this Affidavit now after the fact that the application has been submitted more than 3 months ago. and secondly does it even make sense to do so since the application already passed the initial checks and is now on the eligibility review step. If they notice the discrepancy does that mean an automatic rejection or will they ask for more supporting documents?

Thanks for all your help.

karthikb_itpro

Star Member
May 26, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-11-2019
Doc's Request.
31-10-2019
Nomination.....
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
20-11-2019
IELTS Request
11-05-2019
Med's Request
20-11-2019
Med's Done....
10-12-2019
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
08-12-2020
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2020
LANDED..........
29-03-2021
Hi Guys, I have just realized a similar situation for me but my problem is that I submitted my application already (more than three months ago) I noticed the document that I uploaded showing proof of sibling relation has one letter missing in my Father's name (an A in the end) in my brothers passport. the name on our birth certificates has a third spelling (not on either of our passports) but they match but his birth certificate does not have the last name for our father.
My question is that is there any way for me to submit this Affidavit now after the fact that the application has been submitted more than 3 months ago. and secondly does it even make sense to do so since the application already passed the initial checks and is now on the eligibility review step. If they notice the discrepancy does that mean an automatic rejection or will they ask for more supporting documents?

Thanks for all your help.
Hi Mamit - Did you get any "RR" or ADR for the name mismatch or you got the PR without any questions? I am on the same boat too with name mismatch. Please help

MapleLeaf2086

May 12, 2020
Hello all, I am trying to prove sibling relationship with my brother. I do have my parents marriage certificate which has both of our names as offspring. Since earlier days, marriage registration was not a compulsion, hence my parents applied for registration in around 2010 when we processed their visa for Canada. Luckily I see that template of marriage certificate does contain both of our names with date of birth. Is that document sufficient enough to prove sibling relationship OR do I need to provide additional supporting document like OCI of my brother which I can but my father’s last name is slightly misspelled?

atulsingh2016

Aug 13, 2020
Hi all...
My real sister is PR in Canada. I am also planning for it and want to include the blood relation sibling points in my profile. but there is an issue as my mother name (Sukhjinder) is correct in my sister's document but in my educational or experience or id proof documents, it is Sukhwinder except in my birth certificate. Would the same name affidavit be sufficient for it or i have to take some other measures?? and when i m fillng the family details for EE, which name should I mention? i.e name as per my records or the correct name ? Pls help..
Hi, Can you please confirm if it worked for you? Thanks

nilamsavani

Nov 2, 2019
Hello all,

I need help. I got PR invitation last week. My spouse has different last name than his siblings(all are in India). I called IRCC and asked them what should I do in this case. They told to explain why there is a difference in their last name.

Anyone has any idea how can I explain that in my application?

harsifat

Jan 9, 2021
hello guys
please guide me
my father name on all my documents is "Bant singh " and on his documents his name is "jaswant singh " . i want to apply for canada study visa. how can i prove it that my father has two names?
please help me