+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT EXTENSION OF VISITOR VISA

amera

Apr 26, 2011
Hey guys I need to know if I can send an extension of visa by mail within the 30 days I know you should send it before the 30 days, my countdown to the 30 days would start this thursday I was planning to send the application by xpress post is it too late to do that or should I just send it online. Also can I give one of my reason for the extension as will be applying for PR soon....help please anyone! ANYONE? PLEASE BALOO

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
TRV? Your WP must be current and not expiring. Where are you sending it? Buffalo or Seattle?

amera said:
Hey guys I need to know if I can send an extension of visa by mail within the 30 days I know you should send it before the 30 days, my countdown to the 30 days would start this thursday I was planning to send the application by xpress post is it too late to do that or should I just send it online. Also can I give one of my reason for the extension as will be applying for PR soon....help please anyone! ANYONE? PLEASE BALOO

amera

Apr 26, 2011
Thanks for your response jobseeker it's acutually visitor visa extension I'm seeking, have never had a work permit, my status expires on May 28 so I am wondering if it's too late to send it by mail or should I just go ahead and do it online, don't know if they will accept my application by mail during the 30 days and I really need to buy some time to file the PR as I understand that mail takes longer than online ???

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

amera said:
Thanks for your response jobseeker it's acutually visitor visa extension I'm seeking, have never had a work permit, my status expires on May 28 so I am wondering if it's too late to send it by mail or should I just go ahead and do it online, don't know if they will accept my application by mail during the 30 days and I really need to buy some time to file the PR as I understand that mail takes longer than online ???
The 30 days is a suggestion it only has to be received in Vegreville 1 day before it expires.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Are you here on a visitor's visa? No, it's not too late to apply for the extension, but not extension of the TRV; TRVs are not extended. You apply for a TRV at a visa office/consulate/embassy outside Canada. You probably mean extend your stay as a visitor. Application is sent to Vegreville. If CPC-Vegreville receives your application before May 28, you'd be on implied status.

amera said:

amera

Apr 26, 2011
Oh my thanks guys, but what if they get it after the 28 like on the 2nd do you guys think they will even look at it? so worried!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
If they received it on or before May 28, 2011 you are okay. If your application is received after then you need to apply for restoration of status.

amera said:
Oh my thanks guys, but what if they get it after the 28 like on the 2nd do you guys think they will even look at it? so worried!

amera

Apr 26, 2011
Oh great ;)thank you job_seeker your such a big help what a relief! now I pray they grant the extension, also when I'm sending in the PR do I have to do the medical at the same time to send in with the application?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Under what stream are you applying for permanent residency?

amera said:
Oh great ;)thank you job_seeker your such a big help what a relief! now I pray they grant the extension, also when I'm sending in the PR do I have to do the medical at the same time to send in with the application?

amera

Apr 26, 2011
sorry for not clarifying myself job_seeker, my spouse and daughter are canadian citizens so I guess that would be under the family class we've been married for seven years but he recently came back to live in Canada so now we want to start the process to try and get my PR, I hope my explanation helps you to understand my situation, much thanks!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Oh,okay. If your husband is sponsoring you then it would help if you attach a copy of the receipt paid for the sponsorship.

amera said:
sorry for not clarifying myself job_seeker, my spouse and daughter are canadian citizens so I guess that would be under the family class we've been married for seven years but he recently came back to live in Canada so now we want to start the process to try and get my PR, I hope my explanation helps you to understand my situation, much thanks!

Kathy Nguyen

May 11, 2011
Aurora Ontario
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi Job_Seeker,

I am also in very difficult situation now. Today, i have been trying to contact CIC office in Vegreville with the hope that I can check my extended visa status since then but there was only automatic answers even though I had pressed to the right department which I need to speak to but it was hopeless. And then I found out on the CIC website that if I apply papers by mailing way then it would take appx. 165 working days (almost 5 months working) counting from the day I sent the application ( I sent it on 31 Jan, 2011 for another 3 months extend counting from the expire day on March 28, 2011). What would I do now as my visa would have already been expired if I received their reply from CIC office. Furthermore, at this time my hubby is preparing to send all my application for sponsorship but my inland status now is still pending. Should I still go ahead to apply another extension for my stay just to make sure that I would not have to return to the original of country? can you help me to figure this out? thanks a lot

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

=topic=70204.msg764116#msg764116 date=1305235381]
Hi Job_Seeker,

I am also in very difficult situation now. Today, i have been trying to contact CIC office in Vegreville with the hope that I can check my extended visa status since then but there was only automatic answers even though I had pressed to the right department which I need to speak to but it was hopeless. And then I found out on the CIC website that if I apply papers by mailing way then it would take appx. 165 working days (almost 5 months working) counting from the day I sent the application ( I sent it on 31 Jan, 2011 for another 3 months extend counting from the expire day on March 28, 2011). What would I do now as my visa would have already been expired if I received their reply from CIC office. Furthermore, at this time my hubby is preparing to send all my application for sponsorship but my inland status now is still pending. Should I still go ahead to apply another extension for my stay just to make sure that I would not have to return to the original of country? can you help me to figure this out? thanks a lot

[/quote]

You have implied status in Canada until you receive a response for extension request from Vegreville.

Kathy Nguyen

May 11, 2011
Aurora Ontario
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Do I need to restore my visa or should my hubby just complete all the application papers for sponsorship? What I wonder was in which CIC requires for principle application is the indication of status in Canada (I could not prove that I am admissible to stay without the official paper from CIC). Do you guys have any suggestion or idea of this?

Thank you.

dila2401

May 18, 2011
hello !

i am in canada and planning to go for marriage ... i have to go for mauitius and get my fiancee
she has already enroll with her immigration process for Quebec and it taking long ..she is only 6 months now since the procedures ...
if she come with me on a visitors visa .... we would make only religious ceremony would it be ok ??
is it easy to hv extension of her visa ??
what would be the implication of the 6 months visa on her immigration procedure ??
how about in the meantime she is on the tourist visa she is pregnant

thanx for responsing
Adi