+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT: Extend my Post-secondary open work permit in Quebec with CSQ

AachenLi

Jul 15, 2015
Dear experts,

I hold a post-secondary open work permit in Quebec and is now working in Quebec too. I already got my CSQ and have applied PR but still waiting for processing.

My work permit is going to expire in Feb.27 2016 and I've applied to extend it on Oct. 2015, but haven't started to be processed yet.

I called the CIC agency and they said my company needs to register for a mycic account and fill up some forms and pay $230 through Employer Portal, if I want to extend my work permit.

But I already submitted my application without the company doing the above

Could someone help me with my case?

1. should I re-submit a new one and cancel the old one? Or just supplement the employer part?

2. When I apply, should I apply a new work permit or just extend? (I chose extend)

Thank you very much

Regards

Kishimaru

Jun 5, 2012
Anyone? We need an answer here :'(. Due to misinformation, I've submitted my work permit with out the LMIA exempt from my employer. What should we do to stay in Canada while waiting for our PR?

Tiffany_7

Jan 11, 2014
Kishimaru said:
Anyone? We need an answer here :'(. Due to misinformation, I've submitted my work permit with out the LMIA exempt from my employer. What should we do to stay in Canada while waiting for our PR?
Hi Kishimaru,

What is your situation? I've check the quebec immigration website http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/students/stay-quebec/application-csq/students-peq/after-csq.html#permit . It says at the bottom that employer LMIA can be exempted. What do you think?

Kishimaru

Jun 5, 2012
Hi Tiff,

My situation is similar to AachenLi, and my PGWP will end this 2016-APR-09.
What I did was fill out all the necessary docs (I've chose the OPEN WORK PERMIT because I'm stupid ><), add the CSQ, submitted the PR applications and the WP extentions in separate offices.

JeansLEE

Mar 28, 2016
Hey guys,i am not allowed to post links.Pls search"International Mobility Program: Labour Market Impact Assessment-exempt work permit renewals and extensions for certain Quebec Selection Certificate holders currently in Quebec (exemption code A75)"in CIC!

Tiffany_7

Jan 11, 2014
Kishimaru said:
Hi Tiff,

My situation is similar to AachenLi, and my PGWP will end this 2016-APR-09.
What I did was fill out all the necessary docs (I've chose the OPEN WORK PERMIT because I'm stupid ><), add the CSQ, submitted the PR applications and the WP extentions in separate offices.
Hi Kishimaru,

Did you ask your employer to apply for the LMIA and pay the compliance fee?

Tiffany_7

Jan 11, 2014
JeansLEE said:
Hey guys,i am not allowed to post links.Pls search"International Mobility Program: Labour Market Impact Assessment-exempt work permit renewals and extensions for certain Quebec Selection Certificate holders currently in Quebec (exemption code A75)"in CIC!
Hi JeansLEE,

Thank you for reply! I came across this page as well. But I don't understand one thing: is my CSQ through PEG is included in the international mobility program?

Kishimaru

Jun 5, 2012
I think we, the one holding PEQ, should be in the IMP. The thing is I don't know whether we actually need a Offer of Employment for LMIA Exempt (which the employer going to fill out and pay 230$) or not. I screwed up big time now :'(. I'm trying to apply for a Visitor Visa in case, any suggestion?

Kishimaru

Jun 5, 2012
So I got off the phone with lawyer. He said that we, PEQ holder, are exempt from LMIA. You just need to ask the employer to pay 230$ and that is a worker specific ( dont be dumb like me, do not choose open work permit.). Send all your docs before the expired date and you'll be good.

Tiffany_7

Jan 11, 2014
Kishimaru said:
So I got off the phone with lawyer. He said that we, PEQ holder, are exempt from LMIA. You just need to ask the employer to pay 230$ and that is a worker specific ( dont be dumb like me, do not choose open work permit.). Send all your docs before the expired date and you'll be good.
Hi Kishimaru,

I chose to apply for work permit on the application. But I didn't know at that time that my employer needs to file an offer of employment online and pay the fee before I sent off my application. Now I know but it's a bit too late. Do you know if the employer will refuse to file the offer of employment online and pay the fee? I'm so worried now that my employer won't.

Kishimaru

Jun 5, 2012
Good news my employer is doing the application for me. Now I'm waiting. Anyone knows how long it's gonna take to approve the application for LMIA exempt?

srm057

Dec 30, 2015
Montreal Quebec
Visa Office......
CIO-SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
23-02-2016
AOR Received.
04-04-2016
Med's Request
25-07-2016
Med's Done....
28-07-2016; Recvd 12-08-2016
Passport Req..
08-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2017
LANDED..........
27-06-2017
Just Wondering If you guys have already applied for PR and got AOR and medical done. If yes, then you are eligible for BOWP.

If you haven't received your AOR yet then your employer will have to pay a compliance fee of $230 and you will have to apply with that.

Tiffany_7

Jan 11, 2014
srm057 said:
Just Wondering If you guys have already applied for PR and got AOR and medical done. If yes, then you are eligible for BOWP.

If you haven't received your AOR yet then your employer will have to pay a compliance fee of $230 and you will have to apply with that.
Hi srm 057,

We can not apply for BOWP as Quebec skill worker. We can only apply for a close work permit.

srm057

Dec 30, 2015
Montreal Quebec
Visa Office......
CIO-SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
23-02-2016
AOR Received.
04-04-2016
Med's Request
25-07-2016
Med's Done....
28-07-2016; Recvd 12-08-2016
Passport Req..
08-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2017
LANDED..........
27-06-2017
Hi,

You are right.

QSW are not eligible for BOWP. I applied for closed WP with Quebec Employer and got it.

Thanks