+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent EE Profile - Date X first became qualified to practice in this occupation

mcan

Oct 22, 2023
I am preparing my Express entry profile and I have around 13 years experience, of which 10 years is in my current job organization. However, the prior 3 years is in different company. So for the question of Date you become qualified in EE profile, can I skip first 3 years of experience (arranging documentation is not possible) and put the NOC 21222 activation date of current 10 years only ?

Example - Degree received in 2009
First Company A - 2010 till 2012
Second Company B - 2012 till 2013
Third Company C (Current) - 2013 till date

Question - Can I put Date first became qualified to practice in this occupation as 2013 ?

Last edited:

canadasj

Star Member
Sep 29, 2023
Hi @mcan

As per my understanding:
  • You should think from the perspective of what was the minimum requirements for you to be eligible for the job. If a bachelor's was the only requirement, then you become first eligible after completing your bachelor's education. If the job requires a bachelor's education + "x" years of experience, then accordingly your eligibility date changes when you achieve "x" years of experience.
  • You can put the date accordingly. In Work History, you only need to mention experiences for which you want to claim points. In Personal History (Post ITA), you will mention all work, education, not-working, etc without a gap for the last 10 years (in your case).
  • So, for example,
    • Scenario 1: if education was the only requirement for your job, then you became first eligible in 2009 after completing your bachelor's education
    • Scenario 2: if education + say 3 years of experience, then you became first eligible in 2012 or you can put 2013 to match your latest employment