+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent.Do we have any chance to edit educational credential after receiving ITA?

sivasagi

Jan 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My friend has a problem with EE profile, he by mistake selected " two degree" option instead of bachelors. Hence, his points were 448 instead of 429 which he did not realize as he was in hurry to get the new profile created to transfer the points from OINP nomination. However, in the old EE profile, it was shown as bachelors and OINP picked it and processed it. Now his points are 1048 which ideally should be 1029. He got picked up in 16th Jan draw for the score of 497.

What should he do? Should he decline the ITA OR should he write a LOE

Anything to be updated to OINP?

OMG_Chakromakro

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sivasagi said:
My friend has a problem with EE profile, he by mistake selected " two degree" option instead of bachelors. Hence, his points were 448 instead of 429 which he did not realize as he was in hurry to get the new profile created to transfer the points from OINP nomination. However, in the old EE profile, it was shown as bachelors and OINP picked it and processed it. Now his points are 1048 which ideally should be 1029. He got picked up in 16th Jan draw for the score of 497.

you can try writing an LOE but i hate to break it to you , they are going to most likely reject your application because you got those 600 points based on the whole thing which was incorrect information .

OMG_Chakromakro

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sivasagi said:

did he had two or more degrees ? or just a foreign bachelor degree ?

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
So he was gven an oinp when declaring one degree?

In that case tell him to explain an loe in full explaining the mistake, that the OINP is not based on a 2 or more qualification and the drop in points does not put him below the cut off for that draw. In theory he SHOULD be ok, but it is a bit of a blunder.

OMG_Chakromakro

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sivasagi said:
Just a bachelor foreign degree
yeah the problem is that with one degree you selected a completely wrong option (two degrees) , you have two options , accept it and write a good explanation in LOE and let them decide ) if not decline your application yourself . totally up to you

sivasagi

Jan 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kryt0n said:
So he was gven an oinp when declaring one degree? Yes

In that case tell him to explain an loe in full explaining the mistake, that the OINP is not based on a 2 or more qualification and the drop in points does not put him below the cut off for that draw. In theory he SHOULD be ok, but it is a bit of a blunder. Sure, will not be a good idea for him to decline this ITA and edit the express entry profile?

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
sivasagi said:

What do you mean by the above, i didn't quite get it?

sivasagi

Jan 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanadaWeCome said:
What do you mean by the above, i didn't quite get it?
I meant, he was given ITA on 16th December where CIC cut off was at 497.

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
sivasagi said:
I meant, he was given ITA on 16th December where CIC cut off was at 497.
In that case decline the ITA this time and then correct your profile and since you already have additional 600 points, you'll anyway again get the ITA in the next draw.

This way you avoid all LoE complications/risks of rejection by IRCC.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
CanadaWeCome said:
In that case decline the ITA this time and then correct your profile and since you already have additional 600 points, you'll anyway again get the ITA in the next draw.

This way you avoid all LoE complications/risks of rejection by IRCC.
Yes, this would be the safest option.

hongtam2629

Star Member
Apr 13, 2011
sivasagi said:

Hi, I am just curious. Did your friend transfer his nomination after his profile expired? If yes, how long does it take to transfer? I asked OINP to transfer my nomination to the new profile last week but so far no response from them.

sivasagi

Jan 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kryt0n said:
Yes, this would be the safest option.
Thank you all guys for your quick suggestions. Appreciated!!! +1

We just went through his profile again, to our surprise, he updated correctly in his profile as bachelors however when he received ITA, he was 119 points as "two degrees"

Hence, the problem is with the ITA notification where it was screwed up. May be this is one of the technical glitch with CIC