+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[URGENT] Closed work permit - Interim Authorization - ppchangework2020

AnyUserName

Star Member
Oct 5, 2021
Hello!

I've a closed work permit for "Company A" on which location says - "Vancouver" and under remarks it says - "Authorized to work at client sites across Canada".

I've applied a new closed work permit with LMIA (office location is Toronto/Remote) for another company (Company B). I've received interim authorization (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/extend/change-jobs-employers.html) to start the work already while new work permit application gets processed.

Do I need to move to Toronto to start the job with new company or can I work from my current province (Vancouver, BC) until the new work permit gets approved?

What is the location requirement for working under interim authorization?

Thank you!

AnyUserName

Star Member
Oct 5, 2021
@scylla and @legalfalcon - In case you have some ideas, thank you! Also, is it legal / recommended to flagpole after submitting the application online? or flagpoling only applies before submitting an online application?

Last edited:

bevangel

Jul 21, 2022
Hello!

I've a closed work permit for "Company A" on which location says - "Vancouver" and under remarks it says - "Authorized to work at client sites across Canada".

I've applied a new closed work permit with LMIA (office location is Toronto/Remote) for another company (Company B). I've received interim authorization (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/extend/change-jobs-employers.html) to start the work already while new work permit application gets processed.

Do I need to move to Toronto to start the job with new company or can I work from my current province (Vancouver, BC) until the new work permit gets approved?

What is the location requirement for working under interim authorization?

Thank you!
hey! How long did you wait for the interim authorization? I’m the same boat as you. I have applied for the WP on June 6th but nothing yet