+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent: Can I have CIC send my passport to a different US address than on file?

cupcakes

Jan 10, 2014
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-06-2014
Nomination.....
04-06-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
Med's Request
30-01-2015
Med's Done....
31-01-2015
Passport Req..
05-15-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-25-2015
LANDED..........
06-15-2015
I will be traveling to the states for a few weeks...so I won't be at home to pick up my passport if I get PPR. Am just wondering if I get PPR soon, can I have the return mailing envelop with a new address (of my company or friend), so they can pick up my passport on my behalf, and then mail it to me in the US? Has this been done before?

Let me explain:

1. I will be in the US for a few weeks. In this time, I am expecting (hoping!) for PPR.
2. If I get PPR when I am in US, I will mail my passport to CIC from the US. The return address will be to my friend's address or my company's address in Canada. OR return address will be my US hotel address.
3. My friend or company will then mail me my passport to my address/hotel in the US, or CIC will mail my passport to US hotel address. Which is better option?

Is this possible? Please someone help me understand if this has been done before. Very worried (especially as I will be without a passport in US until I get it back to me)!

SpoonRaccoon

Jul 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cupcakes said:
I will be traveling to the states for a few weeks...so I won't be at home to pick up my passport if I get PPR. Am just wondering if I get PPR soon, can I have the return mailing envelop with a new address (of my company or friend), so they can pick up my passport on my behalf, and then mail it to me in the US? Has this been done before?

Let me explain:

1. I will be in the US for a few weeks. In this time, I am expecting (hoping!) for PPR.
2. If I get PPR when I am in US, I will mail my passport to CIC from the US. The return address will be to my friend's address or my company's address in Canada. OR return address will be my US hotel address.
3. My friend or company will then mail me my passport to my address/hotel in the US, or CIC will mail my passport to US hotel address. Which is better option?

Is this possible? Please someone help me understand if this has been done before. Very worried (especially as I will be without a passport in US until I get it back to me)!
You have a few options:

1. Ottawa won't send your passport outside Canada. You can ask your visa to be printed in a different office. ie one in the US.
2. You have 30 days to submit your passport, you can send it once you come back if you still have time.
3. You can buy an xpress post envelope and take it with you to the US. Send your passport to Canada with the prepaid envelope and have the address in the enveloped with your friends address or somewhere in Canada and then have it sent to you to the US. However, you should check the regulations. Some countries don't let you import or export passports even if the passport is yours. Not sure what Canada or the US do about this so you want to check that. Google is your friend.

bksunil

Star Member
Dec 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov, 2013
Nomination.....
Wish to receive soon
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
Wish to receive soon
Passport Req..
Wish to receive soon
VISA ISSUED...
Wish to receive soon
LANDED..........
Will reach early 2015
cupcakes said:

Let me explain:

dear, if you assuming to arrive PPR, then its better you do it from US and may be you can extend your stay in US, if possible. bcoz movment of passport usually not allowed between the countries.

Secondly your timeline says "Job Offer: Yes" does your PNP arriving to due to having of job offer??
Please reply. Bcoz I am MPNP Nov 2013 applicant and still status assessment pending. I am travelling Canada for my company work in two months time and will visit Winnipeg as well. I may have chance to meet prospective employer for interview. So if they get ready for job offer then will my MPNP application will expedite? Hoping your feedback.

aynumazi

Jun 29, 2015
Dear,

I would like to know how did you figure out your problem.
I have exactly the same issue, except that I will be staying in the US for about 2 months for an internship.

Thank you very much for your help