+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT!Biometric appointment help

Jagjit2019

Feb 5, 2019
India
Hello,
My consultant will be applying for my student visa within 1-2 weeks but I am afraid that it don't get late as mine is Nov 2021 intake. Though I have told them to expedite my visa application, I was wondering if can do the biometrics by myself.

Biometric appointment can't be scheduled at the moment over phone, chat and webform as I contacted the VFS helpline today.

Now the catch is that, one of the team members of the visa filing in my consultancy states that if I pay extra bucks to them then they will arrange the somewhere around 1st week of Oct because according to them normally the available appointments are in November in Chandigarh.
I tried booking the appointment via registering on the VFS website but could not find any available slot till Feb 2022 I checked.

Which option do I need to choose - Biometric enrolment or Biometric enrolment student only or Application submission with biometrics ?

So please guide me whether I get my visa applied and then schedule the biometric or I can get it done upfront? If it can be done upfront, then what is the way?

Last edited:

Sheena87

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
Hello,
My consultant will be applying for my student visa within 1-2 weeks but I am afraid that it don't get late as mine is Nov 2021 intake. Though I have told them to expedite my visa application, I was wondering if can do the biometrics by myself.

Biometric appointment can't be scheduled at the moment over phone, chat and webform as I contacted the VFS helpline today.

Now the catch is that, one of the team members of the visa filing in my consultancy states that if I pay extra bucks to them then they will arrange the somewhere around 1st week of Oct because according to them normally the available appointments are in November in Chandigarh.
I tried booking the appointment via registering on the VFS website but could not find any available slot till Feb 2022 I checked.

Which option do I need to choose - Biometric enrolment or Biometric enrolment student only or Application submission with biometrics ?

So please guide me whether I get my visa applied and then schedule the biometric or I can get it done upfront? If it can be done upfront, then what is the way?
Biometric enrolment student only.

yesWeCanada

Aug 5, 2021
Hello,

Dont pay a single rupee. There is no way they can do it or have control over it. Book anywhere its available and take a flight. I have read here people went abroad to give bio!! Crazy!

Sheena87

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
Hello,

Upfront or later doesn't matter, it all depends on the dates available. But as you say, if no dates are available, then how can this guy book it for you? Its impossible, he's just lying.

Reactions: montus

Jagjit2019

Feb 5, 2019
India
Upfront or later doesn't matter, it all depends on the dates available. But as you say, if no dates are available, then how can this guy book it for you? Its impossible, he's just lying.
Infact my consultant will not book, even they said that there are third parties and other agents who does this demanding some charges for it.

Jagjit2019

Feb 5, 2019
India
Dont pay a single rupee. There is no way they can do it or have control over it. Book anywhere its available and take a flight. I have read here people went abroad to give bio!! Crazy!
Yes bro you are right. Don't worry I wont pay anything to them. Even I am prepared to 2-3 cities if required but there are no availability in that too.

Reactions: yesWeCanada

montus

Aug 24, 2021
Hello,

I have a somewhat similar question. I am yet to file for my student application and there are no biometric appointment for at least late November.

My consultant told me it is fine to book an appointment either for "Biometric Enrolment" category or "Biometric Enrolment - Student Only" category (because they see dates available for Biometric Enrolment category). However, I was under impression that students can and should only book Biometric Enrolment - Student Only category.

They said that it's fine and should not cause any issue to students when they appear for actual biometric at the VFS.

Can anyone please advise if this is true? Can student book appointment under any of these two categories?

Thank you,
Montu

yesWeCanada

Aug 5, 2021
Hello,

I have a somewhat similar question. I am yet to file for my student application and there are no biometric appointment for at least late November.

My consultant told me it is fine to book an appointment either for "Biometric Enrolment" category or "Biometric Enrolment - Student Only" category (because they see dates available for Biometric Enrolment category). However, I was under impression that students can and should only book Biometric Enrolment - Student Only category.

They said that it's fine and should not cause any issue to students when they appear for actual biometric at the VFS.

Can anyone please advise if this is true? Can student book appointment under any of these two categories?

Thank you,
Montu
This could work. But make sure of it. Since these appointments dont come easy. Or maybe book multiple and see. I am not sure what to tell, this biometric is a mess. I read that biometric-student only' was made to speed up student biometric sine there was a backlog. So I think you can select the other one.

Reactions: montus

montus

Aug 24, 2021
This could work. But make sure of it. Since these appointments dont come easy. Or maybe book multiple and see. I am not sure what to tell, this biometric is a mess. I read that biometric-student only' was made to speed up student biometric sine there was a backlog. So I think you can select the other one.
Thank you very much for your input on this. Luckily, I got one for "Biometric" category (the second option in the list on the VFS portal) for early November. "Student Only" category still does not show up any slot until February so I think I will go with this one.

Also, as you suggested, I will register a couple of other accounts and try out multiple bookings.

Once again, thanks a lot for clarifying.

Regards,
Montu

yesWeCanada

Aug 5, 2021
Thank you very much for your input on this. Luckily, I got one for "Biometric" category (the second option in the list on the VFS portal) for early November. "Student Only" category still does not show up any slot until February so I think I will go with this one.

Also, as you suggested, I will register a couple of other accounts and try out multiple bookings.

Once again, thanks a lot for clarifying.

Regards,
Montu
Your, welcome. November is late! Did you say its Nov 2021 intake?!! But how will you get your visa before that? You need to confirm to the college much before that that you have your visa for them to hold your seat. I am afraid its already late but dont give up, give it a try. You have to get a biometric within weeks from now to have a better chance. So that means digging in the gray market for biometric slot booking or going to Nepal or checking every hour with different accounts, 12am login if that works etc. Shit, what a mess this is.

montus

Aug 24, 2021
Your, welcome. November is late! Did you say its Nov 2021 intake?!! But how will you get your visa before that? You need to confirm to the college much before that that you have your visa for them to hold your seat. I am afraid its already late but dont give up, give it a try. You have to get a biometric within weeks from now to have a better chance. So that means digging in the gray market for biometric slot booking or going to Nepal or checking every hour with different accounts, 12am login if that works etc. Shit, what a mess this is.
I am for January '22 intake :)

But I feel time is still running short even for Jan '22 intake and I need to find appointment as early as possible.

I am trying multiple accounts throughout the day and night and I hope I'll get something within appropriate time. I am also looking for slots in other cities.

Reactions: yesWeCanada