+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Assistance Required For Spousal Sponsorship- Pakistan-Canada

ms302

Aug 21, 2019
My wife is a Canadian Citizen, and I'm from Pakistan, currently living in Norway on student Visa.

1. We married 2 months ago and before marriage, we stayed together the first time for two weeks, and before that, we knew each other online for almost a year. Should we apply for spousal sponsorship as we stayed together for a very short period of time because of immigration laws?

2. Is it a good decision to take consultancy from ICCRC recognized consultant? If you know any good consultant in Canada, please write their details here also.

3. My wife right now has not accommodation agreements on her name...as she works on camp for two weeks and lives with their parent. How negative it is for our application?

TIA

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My wife is a Canadian Citizen, and I'm from Pakistan, currently living in Norway on student Visa.

1. We married 2 months ago and before marriage, we stayed together the first time for two weeks, and before that, we knew each other online for almost a year. Should we apply for spousal sponsorship as we stayed together for a very short period of time because of immigration laws?

2. Is it a good decision to take consultancy from ICCRC recognized consultant? If you know any good consultant in Canada, please write their details here also.

3. My wife right now has not accommodation agreements on her name...as she works on camp for two weeks and lives with their parent. How negative it is for our application?

TIA
Did you have a traditional marriage in Pakistan?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No it was like that.
We have seen that others have been denied if they have a court wedding or something similar. If people have been Western-style dating for a long time or have lived together it isn’t a big deal but this may be an arranged marriage and you have not met in person before marriage so there are expectations or the ceremony since there is not much of a relationship history. Not much you can do at this point.

You can prepare the application yourselves. The fact that she currently lives with her parents is not an issue.