+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent!!Asking only for I-797

sg09

Feb 5, 2009
I sent my full application on May 31st.I recieved a letter from CIC with all my docs that they need I-797 alongwith the application within 60 days.I had sent a proof of English language as written submission .Now my question is:Do they need only my I-797 or after I submit my application..they will come asking for more docs like IELTS (they should not be needing it now as they would have asked for it right now)?Just anxious to know if anyone got second request of docs or if I send my required document, I'm good.

juanda78

Star Member
Feb 17, 2009
Canada
Hi,

I am not completely sure what a I-797 is, but I assume is a document they need to confirm your current legal status in the States. You can be more than sure that they will be asking for more documents, especially if you didn't provide IELTS original results.

Regards.

sg09

Feb 5, 2009
I know I-797 is for legal status and it is available with me but my main concern was only IELTS as I didn't mention about IELTS in my docs.So if they had asked for it right now ,it would have been easier to send everything together.So I was just wondering if they keep on asking for docs one by one or ask everything together within 60 days of time frame.

kyu010170

May 27, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2009 Nova Scotia
Doc's Request.
27-05-2009 NS AOR
AOR Received.
9-06-2009 Buffalo AOR
File Transfer...
Remained in Buffalo
Med's Request
26-04-2010
Med's Done....
29-05-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
28-09-2010
Hi, if you are a non-native English speaker it is incumbent to take IELTS. If you've been reading threads in forums like this, you will realize that it will be to your great advantage to take it.

If, however, you have calculated your points and you have exceeded by more than a few points the minimum 67 that is required, then taking it can be optional on your part. Personally, I would suggest that you take it.

sg09

Feb 5, 2009
But my question is still unanswered.I just wanted to know if they go through your application packet once and ask for supporting docs or they keep on going through it and ask you to resubmit the application with sopporting docs again and again.
In my case,Is it possible that they have not seen the all the docs and will look into it later once I resubmit my application with my visa docs.
OR
They have seen all the docs and this is the only document they need.