+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent advice is needed..please read this topic.

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
After obtaining the much awaited visa. Im planning to travel back to india and i will travel to canada from delhi.

Im planning to carry 20000 cad in demand draft from here. I want to know that when I enter india and leave india do i have to declare this demand draft at the customs?

vanraj

Sep 11, 2011
But i want to know 1 thing as i would be returning with my family (me , my wife n 2 children) back from canada to india after our landing procedures, if we are carrying 19000USD. Do we still have to declare. Coz me n my wife 2 adults. the limit is more than 10000USD per individual i guess. N also what is the problem if u have to declare at Indian airport. I think we can always say that this is the same money what we carried from india. We can show them the receipts of the foreign exchage. Is that fine?
Let me know plz

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amilatan said:
yes,,u,have,to
anything,above,US$10000,,in,TC/DD,,u,have,to,declare
But the rules say that only if u carry TC, CUrrency note or bank note then you have to declare.

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I need more replies. On the custom website it days anything above 10000 in the form of traveler cheque, currency note nd bank note need to be declared.

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Even if the DD is on Canadian bank made from a bank in middle east?

wenstumped

Jul 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SinghLovCan said:
After obtaining the much awaited visa. Im planning to travel back to india and i will travel to canada from delhi.

Im planning to carry 20000 cad in demand draft from here. I want to know that when I enter india and leave india do i have to declare this demand draft at the customs?
Have you received the visa already? It isn't updated in the tracker as yet.

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SinghLovCan said:
I need more replies. On the custom website it days anything above 10000 in the form of traveler cheque, currency note nd bank note need to be declared.
ONLY CASH above $10,000Cad has to be declared (which means you have to give written statement; you would get this declaration form in your flight to Canada)

Mitali

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mitali said:
ONLY CASH above $10,000Cad has to be declared (which means you have to give written statement; you would get this declaration form in your flight to Canada)

Mitali
Im talking abt indian customs. Bcoz first im going to india with the dd on canadian bank name, then from delhi i will goto canada.

amilatan

Star Member
Jul 12, 2011
am,traveling,in-out,to,USA,since,last,15yrs,,,and,,,it,is,mendatory,to,declare,,cash/tc/dd/cheque,while,leaving,US,UK,and,entering,to,india,,and,viseversa,,,,
there,was,an,incident,when,i,had,a,cheque,of,12000,us,$,,,,which,i,didnt,declare,becoz,it,was,in,an,envelope,given,by,friend,,and,in,custom,form,while,leaving,US,i,didnt,declare,,,,while,in,transit,in,london,they,did,security,check,,before,connecting,flight,to,india,,,and,they,found,envelope,with,cheque,in,my,handbag,,,?UK-border,agent,grilled,me,for,an,.hour,till,he,satisfied,that,the,cheque,was,not,for,any,illegal,mean,,as,it,didnt,had,any,record,on,me...
just,be,precautious,,,rather,falling,in,trouble,,,declaring,d,asset,wouldn't,affect,custudy,of,d,same,,in,anyway.