+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

UPS Lost Indian passport and confirmation of PR in return shipping

sriks91

Sep 26, 2018
Hello,
I am an Indian citizen living in USA. I recently applied for Canadian PR via express entry and after the application was accepted I was asked to send my passport, Annex A and a return shipping label via Fedex or UPS. I chose UPS and now UPS tracking says package was left at door steps but I don't see it. I was at home during the delivery time, so I know no one showed up to drop the package. Now UPS is investigating to track the lost package. UPS asked me to wait until they finish the investigation but it is my passport I am bit worried to wait due to the fear of identity theft.

What are my options here? Do I have to reapply for my express entry from the start or will Canadian authorities reissue my PR confirmation and Visa with the new passport? Any help or direction would be much appreciated.

phoenixsong

Star Member
Feb 14, 2018
Hello, I am in a similar situation, UPS lost my passport on the way to Canada. Did you get it back? Was the investigation successful? If not, what did you do?

sriks91

Sep 26, 2018
Hello, I am in a similar situation, UPS lost my passport on the way to Canada. Did you get it back? Was the investigation successful? If not, what did you do?
I should say I got lucky. If you raise a complaint or start an investigation you should repeatedly call them and ask for updates. Its not guaranteed that they will conduct a thorough investigation and most likely just close the claim. I was persistent in calling them and asking to find the GPS trace to locate the drop off address. This will be done by the local facility and in my case, the local facility did not even bother to check the GPS data and closed the ticket. After 3 days someone dropped my package at my doorsteps. I assume its not UPS because it was well past the business hours and late in the night. I hope you will find yours soon, if not already. Don't forget to keep calling them every day.

Reactions: phoenixsong

phoenixsong

Star Member
Feb 14, 2018
Thank you for responding! So as you said, we repeatedly called UPS call center and customer relations and got it back after 2 days after it was 'lost'. The UPS security team got involved and helped us find it.

sujam

May 11, 2017
New Jersey
Thank you for responding! So as you said, we repeatedly called UPS call center and customer relations and got it back after 2 days after it was 'lost'. The UPS security team got involved and helped us find it.
Hi @phoenixson,
After seeing your comment, now I'm worried. I got PPR 2 days back and want to send my indian passport. Do you recommend giving company address instead of home (to avoid package left outside door issues?)

Also, could you please suggest where you took photographs in USA?

Thanks.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi @phoenixson,
After seeing your comment, now I'm worried. I got PPR 2 days back and want to send my indian passport. Do you recommend giving company address instead of home (to avoid package left outside door issues?)

Also, could you please suggest where you took photographs in USA?

Thanks.
You can choose signature on delivery option

metalrahul

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
They lost mine couple of weeks back and haven't been able to retrieve it. I seriously doubt someone is stealing it from their warehouse, I can't believe something miraculously disappearing from their warehouse.