+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Upfront Medical Exam for Visitor Visa Extension?

akila868

Jul 25, 2017
Hi All,

I'm currently in the process of requesting an extension for my parent's visitor visa the second time. In the documents section, it asks for Upfront Medical exam.
For the previous extension, medical exam was asked after the extension was granted, and was done last year.

In this page it says something about not requiring a Medical exam if the previous one is within 5 years. Does this apply for extensions? Is it required to get the Upfront medicals in my parent's case?

Medical exams for visitors, students and workers

Thanks in advance.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hi All,

I'm currently in the process of requesting an extension for my parent's visitor visa the second time. In the documents section, it asks for Upfront Medical exam.
For the previous extension, medical exam was asked after the extension was granted, and was done last year.

In this page it says something about not requiring a Medical exam if the previous one is within 5 years. Does this apply for extensions? Is it required to get the Upfront medicals in my parent's case?

Medical exams for visitors, students and workers

Thanks in advance.
You can use the same IME#

If IRCC wants a recent one [they can send a request case by case] & many have received it too when they use an old medical - we will not know what will happen in your case

You can proceed