+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Updating information after marriage, Canadian Experience Class

i45678

Apr 12, 2011
Hi, I am an applicant for PR ander the Canadian Experience Class. While my application was being processed I got married and so I notified the visa office that is considering my case of the changes in my marital status. They sent me an email where they requested to update my information in order to be able to process the application. In particular the following lines appeared in the message :

Quote:

In order to add your spouse to your application, we require the following documents:

Original and complete Application for Permanent Residence in Canada including Form IMM0008E-Generic, IMM0008E-Schedule 1,
and Form IMM5406 for your spouse

* Updated IMM0008 Generic and IMM5406 “Additional Family Information” form for yourself.
* Photocopy of marriage certificate
* Photocopy of birth certificate from your spouse
* Photocopy of your spouse’s valid passport
* Recent photographs of your spouse according to the specifications
* Original police certificates or criminal clearance from the police authorities in (NAME OF COUNTRY) for your spouse whether s/he is accompanying or not.

Unquote

I want to include my wife in the application but the list confuses me a bit. I understand the item
" Updated IMM0008 Generic and IMM5406 “Additional Family Information” form for yourself." That's right, I have to include my wife in the application form as an accompanying family member and also change IMM5406 - additional family information form for myself. But now what does the phrase

"... including Form IMM0008E-Generic, IMM0008E-Schedule 1, and Form IMM5406 for your spouse " mean?

My wife has completed Schedule 1 and Form IMM5406 but does she also have to complete the Generic form? As far as I know from the instructions on CIC site, this form has to be comleted by the principal applicant only, that is me. So the fact that my wife will be included in the application has to be mentioned only in my Generic form. Could anyone please confirm I understand this correctly? Thank you very much.

Essat

Star Member
Sep 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles, USA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-March-2010
AOR Received.
13-May-2010
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
To LA on 10-Nov-2010
Med's Request
08-12-2010
Med's Done....
14-01-2011, sent 26-01-2011
Passport Req..
13-April-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-May-2011
LANDED..........
05-Jun-2011
Your spouse does not have to complete IMM0008E-Generic. She only has to complete IMM0008E-Schedule 1 and Form IMM5406. The inclusion of IMM0008E-Generic in the phrase emphasizes that you need to amend that form to include details concerning your spouse.

Also, do not forget to include the processing fee for your spouse - they should have requested for it too.

All the best,
Essat

saka101

Mar 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i45678 said:
Hi, I am an applicant for PR ander the Canadian Experience Class. While my application was being processed I got married and so I notified the visa office that is considering my case of the changes in my marital status. They sent me an email where they requested to update my information in order to be able to process the application. In particular the following lines appeared in the message :

Quote:

In order to add your spouse to your application, we require the following documents:

Original and complete Application for Permanent Residence in Canada including Form IMM0008E-Generic, IMM0008E-Schedule 1,

* Updated IMM0008 Generic and IMM5406 “Additional Family Information” form for yourself.
* Photocopy of your spouse's valid passport
* Original police certificates or criminal clearance from the police authorities in (NAME OF COUNTRY) for your spouse whether s/he is accompanying or not.

Unquote

I want to include my wife in the application but the list confuses me a bit. I understand the item
" Updated IMM0008 Generic and IMM5406 “Additional Family Information” form for yourself." That's right, I have to include my wife in the application form as an accompanying family member and also change IMM5406 - additional family information form for myself. But now what does the phrase

"... including Form IMM0008E-Generic, IMM0008E-Schedule 1, and Form IMM5406 for your spouse " mean?

My wife has completed Schedule 1 and Form IMM5406 but does she also have to complete the Generic form? As far as I know from the instructions on CIC site, this form has to be comleted by the principal applicant only, that is me. So the fact that my wife will be included in the application has to be mentioned only in my Generic form. Could anyone please confirm I understand this correctly? Thank you very much.
Hey at what stage are u? Did u receive AOR with file number yet? I'm in the same situation but has not received file number....when can I add my spouse then?

i45678

Apr 12, 2011
Hi Essat, thanks for your reply. Yes, I remember about the fee, I just shortened their message to make it easier to read.

i45678

Apr 12, 2011
saka101 said:
Hey at what stage are u? Did u receive AOR with file number yet? I'm in the same situation but has not received file number....when can I add my spouse then?
Hi, I already have my file number and I even got the medical examination done. After you notify the office of changes in your marital status you will receive a message similar to the one I got. And then you can update your unformation including your spouse in the application.

zinder

Jun 3, 2011
i45678 said:
Hi, I already have my file number and I even got the medical examination done. After you notify the office of changes in your marital status you will receive a message similar to the one I got. And then you can update your unformation including your spouse in the application.
Did u sent them updated information or recieved any information back

does anybody have any idea is the pr process gonna take longer if we add spouse after AOR
PLZ comment

zinder

Jun 3, 2011
i45678 said:
hello i456
can u plz update ur status as i have also added my spouse in my CEC application after i was also done with my mdicals. no communication from the consulate

anybody in the same boat or expert comments will be appreciated

Smile26

Star Member
Mar 2, 2011
i45678 said:

Quote:

* Photocopy of your spouse's valid passport

Unquote

Just a quick question...will ur wife be getting the PR at the same time as u get ...that is u dont have to sponsor her ??

saka101

Mar 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes his wife will be getting PR together with him.

I was thinking of doing that too but I have decided to wait after I get PR to sponsor him. Does anyone know how soon after landing you can apply?

Smile26

Star Member
Mar 2, 2011
saka101 said:
Yes his wife will be getting PR together with him.

I was thinking of doing that too but I have decided to wait after I get PR to sponsor him. Does anyone know how soon after landing you can apply?
Even if u sponsor him....the processing time is atleast 6 months !!!!

saka101

Mar 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes but do u know how long after landing I can apply to sponsor him?