App. Filed.......
17-03-2017
AOR Received.
26-04-2017
Med's Done....
26-09-2016
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
My husband and I initially submitted our application in February, only to have it returned due to 2 missed signatures. We resubmitted March 17th, received the SMS message confirmation on March 24th, and haven't heard from CIC since. However, with our initial submission, my husband submitted an inquiry, as we hadn't heard anything in about a month. On Friday we received a response from a 'donotreply' address from CIC which stated:
"we can confirm that your application is located in a visa office outside Canada"
We haven't received a UCI number or an AOR email - does anyone know what this could me? Hoping to call tomorrow as they are closed today.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Canada91 said:
My husband and I initially submitted our application in February, only to have it returned due to 2 missed signatures. We resubmitted March 17th, received the SMS message confirmation on March 24th, and haven't heard from CIC since. However, with our initial submission, my husband submitted an inquiry, as we hadn't heard anything in about a month. On Friday we received a response from a 'donotreply' address from CIC which stated:
"we can confirm that your application is located in a visa office outside Canada"
We haven't received a UCI number or an AOR email - does anyone know what this could me? Hoping to call tomorrow as they are closed today.
Sounds like you have an outland application, and it was sent to the VO responsible for processing cases from the PA's country of origin. Does the PA require a visa to enter Canada? The UCI is only generated once, and it will be on that visa.

If not, the PA can always call the call centre (888-242-2100; I would call as early as possible, as the lines jam with callers quickly) and ask for the PA's UCI and Application Number. Additionally, you can try to link to the application from myCIC/GCKey. They can search from First/Last Name and Passport Number usually.

Canada91

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
Calgary, AB
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga / Ottawa
App. Filed.......
17-03-2017
AOR Received.
26-04-2017
Med's Done....
26-09-2016
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
profiler said:
Sounds like you have an outland application, and it was sent to the VO responsible for processing cases from the PA's country of origin. Does the PA require a visa to enter Canada? The UCI is only generated once, and it will be on that visa.

If not, the PA can always call the call centre (888-242-2100; I would call as early as possible, as the lines jam with callers quickly) and ask for the PA's UCI and Application Number. Additionally, you can try to link to the application from myCIC/GCKey. They can search from First/Last Name and Passport Number usually.
No visa required, he's American - does this mean that we've received the AOR1 and just didn't get the email? Sorry, not overly familiar with the process.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Canada91 said:
No visa required, he's American - does this mean that we've received the AOR1 and just didn't get the email? Sorry, not overly familiar with the process.
Possibly. Generally speaking, the process resembles:
- Receive Application package
- Check that the requirements for processing have been met; if not, return.
- Send AOR
- Assess Sponsor for Sponsorship approval; if not, refuse and return.
- Send application to responsible Visa Office for processing.
- Once received, send AOR2.

What's more interesting, is that American's are processed in Ottawa -- or so it has been the case in the past(?) So, it's interesting that they stated it's been sent outside of Canada...

Anyway, I would try to locate it via myCIC, while you wait for the call centre..

Canada91

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
Calgary, AB
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga / Ottawa
App. Filed.......
17-03-2017
AOR Received.
26-04-2017
Med's Done....
26-09-2016
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
Thank you so much for your response. Hopefully we'll have an answer tomorrow :)