+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unstaple (i.e. open) FBI PCC?

LalluBhaiya

Star Member
Jun 28, 2017
Hi, I have a question. To scan the 2nd page of FBI PCC should I take out the pin and scan the whole 2nd page separately or should I not open the pin the keep it as it is and fold the document and scan the 2nd page( in this case the FBI logo in the top left corner of 2nd page will be partially hidden because it is stapled). Is opening the pin is illegal? plz advise.

prakash419

Apr 2, 2017
Hi, I have a question. To scan the 2nd page of FBI PCC should I take out the pin and scan the whole 2nd page separately or should I not open the pin the keep it as it is and fold the document and scan the 2nd page( in this case the FBI logo in the top left corner of 2nd page will be partially hidden because it is stapled). Is opening the pin is illegal? plz advise.
I dont think you should touch/alter the FBI PCC or any other document in any way. Just fold it and scan it. the logo even if partially hidden should not bee any issue.

LalluBhaiya

Star Member
Jun 28, 2017
I dont think you should touch/alter the FBI PCC or any other document in any way. Just fold it and scan it. the logo even if partially hidden should not bee any issue.
Thanks. Anybody else? did you separated the pages of FBI report before scanning?

N

newtoexpressentry

I took the pin off and only used the second page as first page was just name and address...

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Its fine you can do that. I had done the same.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
I had the same confusion, but eventually I removed the staple and scanned.

It is impossible to scan it in a legible way with staple. I personally don't think it's an issue. It can never be considered an alteration as we are not tampering anything written on the report. Also I was scared that I might damage the report if I try to scan it by folding. My application is still under review, so I cannot assure an outcome, but I honestly feel that it's an overkill to discuss this small thing at length!

On the other hand, if you don't scan the second page correctly (where the actual report is) or scan it with cuts, that's much riskier to the application process.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Yes, you can remove it and scan the second page. I did that as well.

alexross

Jan 11, 2018
I had the same confusion, but eventually I removed the staple and scanned.

It is impossible to scan it in a legible way with staple. I personally don't think it's an issue. It can never be considered an alteration as we are not tampering anything written on the report. Also I was scared that I might damage the report if I try to scan it by folding. My application is still under review, so I cannot assure an outcome, but I honestly feel that it's an overkill to discuss this small thing at length!

On the other hand, if you don't scan the second page correctly (where the actual report is) or scan it with cuts, that's much riskier to the application process.
Hi Deepcur,
Do we have to submit only the 2nd page, or do we have to submit both pages?Thanks!