+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

university selection help

angadi

Jun 20, 2012
yes am also thinking in the same way to apply for mid sized universities. am even ready to apply for FDU as a safe admit. but that guy is discouraging a lot

uarshad

Star Member
Mar 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
angadi said:
yes am also thinking in the same way to apply for mid sized universities. am even ready to apply for FDU as a safe admit. but that guy is discouraging a lot
You first need to understand that one a person is working, he always considers his work to be very hard. This is natural psyche. Your consultant is doing the same thing. These guys over-rate the admission process. The result of which is people don't apply to better unis thinking they won't get admission. That is a terrible approach. Inam is right. Apply in mid-tier unis. If want to, you can apply in some college/s. The compitition is easy. Especially when you can show them that you are unique. If you cant, still its easy.

harsh_mba

May 21, 2012
CONSULTANTS GET COMMISION FROM COLLEGES they will say all sort of crap to convince u to go for them.

make a list like

Dream
Reach
safe....

safe would be like university of new brunswick , UNBC
Reach might be ryerson, dalhousie, university of manitoba

u can always apply to colleges, try a university first and yes VISA chances r way better for uni students..!!

one more thing many provinces have a great scheme to get a PR after ur masters without any job offer o_O ...

angadi

Jun 20, 2012
i decided to apply for dalhousie university, carleton university and one more university. in case if i couldn't hit any one of these should i go for a post secondary program in college. would that pose a problem for my visa as i already completed my undergraduation

harsh_mba

May 21, 2012
if u have completed undergrad studies go for a advanced diploma ...lik a post grad diplomma...!! (V V IMP)

harsh_mba

May 21, 2012
simple dipliomas will get u rejection 70-80% .....course mismatch!!!
use this site..

http://www.aucc.ca/canadian-universities/study-programs/?program_id=694914&programlevel%5B%5D=52&cipcode%5B%5D=14&cipcode%5B%5D=15&keywords=&province%5B%5D=&language=ENGLISH&coop=&distance_ed=NO

angadi

Jun 20, 2012
angadi said:
10 - 89%
12 - 94%
B.tech in electrical and electronics - 64%
Ielts - 6.5 (L-7.5 r-7 S&W-6)
Gre-1100
Toefl- 87( l-22 r-18 s-22 w-25)
is there a chance of admission in university of windsor for my profile

riasat.abir

Aug 9, 2012
Burnaby
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2015-12-17
AOR Received.
2016-02-22
Med's Done....
2016-03-09
Passport Req..
2016-08-17
VISA ISSUED...
2016-08-30
LANDED..........
2016-09-09
angadi said:
my consultant is insisting me on applying only for colleges (post-secondary programs). hez saying that my academic percentage would not meet the masters program requirement.
Of course academic percentage is a BIG criteria in Canada, another is publication.
University of Calgary requires IELTS 7.0 for CS department.

My CGPA is 3.43 (Final two year 3.60), Computer Science, BUET.
I am worrying where do I suit :(
My favorite subjects are: Software Engineering, Human-Computer Interaction, Networking and Artificial Intelligence.

uarshad

Star Member
Mar 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
riasat.abir said:
Of course academic percentage is a BIG criteria in Canada, another is publication.
University of Calgary requires IELTS 7.0 for CS department.

My CGPA is 3.43 (Final two year 3.60), Computer Science, BUET.
I am worrying where do I suit :(
My favorite subjects are: Software Engineering, Human-Computer Interaction, Networking and Artificial Intelligence.
You suit everywhere. Apply to big unis without hesitation dude. Go for McGill, Torronto, Waterloo, Alberta, UBC. I made this claim based on your CGPA only. share with us your complete profile please.

riasat.abir

Aug 9, 2012
Burnaby
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2015-12-17
AOR Received.
2016-02-22
Med's Done....
2016-03-09
Passport Req..
2016-08-17
VISA ISSUED...
2016-08-30
LANDED..........
2016-09-09
uarshad said:
You suit everywhere. Apply to big unis without hesitation dude. Go for McGill, Torronto, Waterloo, Alberta, UBC. I made this claim based on your CGPA only. share with us your complete profile please.
Here is my profile:
CGPA 3.43 (Last two year 3.60)
Major: Networking
Thesis: Opctical Character Recognition
IELTS: 7.0 (L 8.5 R 7 W 6 S 6)
No publication
Work Experience: ~ 2 years in Professional Software Engineering
Research Interest: Human-Computer Interaction, Software Engineering, AI, Networking

mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
Please let me know the chances based on my profile in Univ :

10th -86%
12th - 82%
B.Tech - 74% electronics
IT Work ex - 2 years in SAP QA
IELTS - yet to give
Want to pursue MAsters or 2 year PG in IT/CS

I am concerned dat whether univ wil acept My application as there should be relevant background to pursue even course based Masters in CS/IT... i.e. ideally graduation should be in IT related stream bt lets see as I have work ex as well... Could u please confirm ?

Momi and Harsh - You guys have already replied that I have to contact individual Univ dept so is there any format of mail which you think will be easy for them to assess and give tentative idea , i mean what should i exactly mention in my mail to them - profile info and B.Tech- Electronics Subjects releated to Computers along with Marks ????

uarshad

Star Member
Mar 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
riasat.abir said:
Here is my profile:
CGPA 3.43 (Last two year 3.60)
Major: Networking
Thesis: Opctical Character Recognition
IELTS: 7.0 (L 8.5 R 7 W 6 S 6)
No publication
Work Experience: ~ 2 years in Professional Software Engineering
Research Interest: Human-Computer Interaction, Software Engineering, AI, Networking
Confirmed. You have very low chances of rejection in any university of Canada. Now make an application strategy. How many you would like to apply to etc. I would say 2 top unis, 1 mid uni, 1 low uni. Good luck.. :)

mayank_6 said:
Please let me know the chances based on my profile in Univ :

10th -86%
12th - 82%
B.Tech - 74% electronics
IT Work ex - 2 years in SAP QA
IELTS - yet to give
Want to pursue MAsters or 2 year PG in IT/CS

I am concerned dat whether univ wil acept My application as there should be relevant background to pursue even course based Masters in CS/IT... i.e. ideally graduation should be in IT related stream bt lets see as I have work ex as well... Could u please confirm ?

Momi and Harsh - You guys have already replied that I have to contact individual Univ dept so is there any format of mail which you think will be easy for them to assess and give tentative idea , i mean what should i exactly mention in my mail to them - profile info and B.Tech- Electronics Subjects releated to Computers along with Marks ????
My friend you are over-estimating admission competition. you have good chances. Which unis are you considering?

riasat.abir

Aug 9, 2012
Burnaby
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2015-12-17
AOR Received.
2016-02-22
Med's Done....
2016-03-09
Passport Req..
2016-08-17
VISA ISSUED...
2016-08-30
LANDED..........
2016-09-09
uarshad said:
Confirmed. You have very low chances of rejection in any university of Canada. Now make an application strategy. How many you would like to apply to etc. I would say 2 top unis, 1 mid uni, 1 low uni. Good luck.. :)
My friend you are over-estimating admission competition. you have good chances. Which unis are you considering?
I mailed to a professor @Saskatchewan earlier, she said she will look after only if I get admission. Then I mailed to the grad section with my profile, he suggested not to apply because the competition is very tough there.
So it's not that easy anymore.
I am targeting some mid ranked universities now.
Can you suggest some?