+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

University of Victoria Winter 2021

EmJ_BLR

Dec 31, 2020
@EmJ_BLR They program is really good.....yes all the students are eligible for coop.....
Yes i applied after getting unconditional offer letter...I recommend you to do the same.....i got my study permit after my classes started but the university is very helpful regarding this.....My Jan term was announced to be online...and i got my permit after the first half of my semester...so i preferred going after completing the whole term......I took all of my first term online and came to Canada in start of my second term....In case your study permit gets delayed inform the uni about it...they will let you know what to do...they're very good and accommodating...So my opinion is to go ahead with it....
from which country are you ?
@Shabana013, I am from India.
But i had another offer received last month, so i have already applied study permit on April 30 (only medical done, couldn’t give biometrics due to vac closure) but now would like to change it to UVic, im not sure about the process though, may be I should submit a webform. I am now in the process of sending them transcripts etc. But my concern is if they take more time to give final LOA, it will be too late for Sep. Also VAC is closed in India. Not sure if they have Winter 2022 intake.

Sep 17, 2020
@EmJ_BLR They program is really good.....yes all the students are eligible for coop.....
Yes i applied after getting unconditional offer letter...I recommend you to do the same.....i got my study permit after my classes started but the university is very helpful regarding this.....My Jan term was announced to be online...and i got my permit after the first half of my semester...so i preferred going after completing the whole term......I took all of my first term online and came to Canada in start of my second term....In case your study permit gets delayed inform the uni about it...they will let you know what to do...they're very good and accommodating...So my opinion is to go ahead with it....
from which country are you ?
Hi guys I hope you are doing well @Shabana013 @EmJ_BLR

I have read on the MTIS and Uvic Calendar regarding Coop but it seems that I can't find any further explanation, as I'm not familiar with Coop.
1. I'm curious whether all MTIS students who applied for Coop will eventually get it? Is there a case of --lets say, rejection?
2. Is Coop registered/decided in the final term? If so, then when we fill the study length in our visa application, wouldn't that make it to be 1 year only, then extend it later after we successfully enroll as a Coop student?
3. Also I understand it's not reasonable to compare visa applications with others but if you don't mind how much money have you shown/prepared in your visa? (I have previously refused twice due to insufficient funds for 2-year program and I'm not sure about the funding/awards opportunities in MTIS either)

Shabana013

Aug 20, 2020
Hi guys I hope you are doing well @Shabana013 @EmJ_BLR

I have read on the MTIS and Uvic Calendar regarding Coop but it seems that I can't find any further explanation, as I'm not familiar with Coop.
1. I'm curious whether all MTIS students who applied for Coop will eventually get it? Is there a case of --lets say, rejection?

As far as the coop work permit is, you will definitely get a coop work permit on applying. If you're asking about the job (Coop) well that depends on the number of factors like if you're only looking for coop in some selected companies than of course it will be difficult to find. You can have a coop offering less money and part time only. If you're open to many options then you will get it. But people after studying prefer doing a full time job to complete the hours for PR than to have a coop. So that's also an option as well.

2. Is Coop registered/decided in the final term? If so, then when we fill the study length in our visa application, wouldn't that make it to be 1 year only, then extend it later after we successfully enroll as a Coop student?

You can apply for coop permit as soon as you arrive Canada. Just attach a coop letter from University with your visa application and apply. You will get your coop permit within two weeks. After getting the coop permit you can start applying for jobs. Students mostly starts looking for coop in their final term.

3. Also I understand it's not reasonable to compare visa applications with others but if you don't mind how much money have you shown/prepared in your visa? (I have previously refused twice due to insufficient funds for 2-year program and I'm not sure about the funding/awards opportunities in MTIS either)

I applied through the SDS stream so have to pay my full tuition+ GIC amount of 10k CAD...So pay university fees, then open GIC account and transfer your money of 10k to Canadian bank... After having these two receipts apply for visa. SDS stream generally increases chances to get a visa. At least this is what i have heard. Also MTIS is not a research based program. So no funding/awards are available for students enrolled in this program.

Hope this helps. Good luck