+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

University of the people

Jul 13, 2020
I'm so confused now, i was thinking about applying for an MBA in university of the people to increase my score in express entry however i am not sure if wes actually evaluate it and if we can claim points in ee. Could someone please help me with any info.

Faryad

Jun 6, 2021
Vienna
Good point, thanks! I don't know why some people say they have received answers like "not recognized university" and stuff like that. Everything seems fine!

melodyfilm411

Dec 9, 2021
Reactions: Faryad

Faryad

Jun 6, 2021
Vienna
Thanks for the research. Yes this is good news and there shouldn't be a problem then. I am almost at the end of my studies and I hope I can finish it sooner.

sailee94

May 23, 2019
Is University of the People an accredited university?

Yes. In February 2014 UoPeople received accreditation from the Distance Education Accrediting Commission. The Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC) is listed by the U.S. Department of Education as a recognized accrediting agency. The Distance Education Accrediting Commission is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). In addition, UoPeople has been recognized as a Candidate for Accreditation by WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC). For more details, see our Accreditation page

I heard the CHEA body exists in Canada too... so..

haihttran

Nov 5, 2019
Is University of the People an accredited university?

Yes. In February 2014 UoPeople received accreditation from the Distance Education Accrediting Commission. The Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC) is listed by the U.S. Department of Education as a recognized accrediting agency. The Distance Education Accrediting Commission is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). In addition, UoPeople has been recognized as a Candidate for Accreditation by WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC). For more details, see our Accreditation page

I heard the CHEA body exists in Canada too... so..
Some folks in this forum have already got the evaluation from WES for this online university already! The result is "Master's degree from a non-recognized institution"

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/eca-university-of-the-people.724387/