+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

University of Regina Fall 2017

bijo

Star Member
May 2, 2016
With such as illustrious profile , i think you can definitely try for top univ's such as UBC, Toronto univ,Windsor Univ,Alberta Univ,Saskatchewan Univ. Try Mc Gill only if you can learn French. Even though it's an english medium univ , one ought to have atleast intermediate knowledge of French to get PR.
Having work experience is good, but it is not going to have any major impact from admission point of view, i reckon.It is Canadian experience that really matters.

NB : I am also an aspirant like you hoping for next fall intake. So my knowledge could be limited.

dhaliwal_randhawa

Star Member
Jul 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 04, 2016
AOR Received.
May 25, 2016
File Transfer...
July 14, 2016
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
April 14, 2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Dec 12, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 16, 2016
LANDED..........
TBD
You should try to get into PHD, Keep in mind you have to approach professor's from the faculty you want to pursue PHD. Once you have a supervisor who is ready to accept you as his student, that is your acceptance into UofR.

Good Luck!!
Cheers

bijo said:
Thanks mate. Do you think i should try for thesis based instead of coop or project based, or even phd? I am always open to invaluable feedback from people like you.

bijo

Star Member
May 2, 2016
I don't have phd in my mind now, since i am looking for job after masters. Could you possibly tell me whether, with my profile i could try uof ottawa, u of western ontario and u of Saskatchewan?
Awaiting your gracious reply.TIA

bijo

Star Member
May 2, 2016
Please blot out windsor univ from my above list of possible univ's friend. It's just an average one. Probably u of ottawa, u of western ontario could be added from ontario province , and u of calgary from alberta.

bijo

Star Member
May 2, 2016
Is Gre required for regina ? What are the prospects getting admission without Gre? TIA

Priya26

Feb 24, 2017
Hi guys,

I have applied for university of Regina.Whether the Acceptance level is difficult? Sad
I don't meet the TOEFL requirement.My score is 79.(R-17 L-17 S-22 W-23) but their requirement is 80.
I have completed my B.tech Information Technology with 79 CGPA and my 16 years education have English as standard of instruction.
HSC:72% SSC:83%
I have 2 years Experience as a Programmer Analyst in CTS(Software Concern) India.
I have strong Recommendation from my HOD(Academics) and my lead(colleague).
Will they accept my profile? Huh
Also, if some one is accepted at University of Regina, please share your %age and/or your experience with the university. How long do they take to give you admission, etc.
Thanks in advance.

Regards

shraddhapatel

Jan 19, 2017
Hi Dear,

My son is planning for his further study to canada.

He is studying in diploma, in computer engineering, in sixth semester; He has score overall 7.5 out of 10.
He has given IELTS and score@6_band.(lestining-6,writing-6.5,reading-6,specking-6)
He wants to become software engineer(IT),by professional.
Agent has confirm us that my son can get admission in university

1-which provinces is best for PR.
2-We(Parents of child) has read your posts and decide to take your decision, univ of sask(saskation) and univ of manitoba (Winnipeg)
3-As you are best for this,we like to take personal advice on our decision.
4-Please,advice us on university.
one good person has advice below univesity also,
univ of victoria, Dalhousie univ,univ of Regina
5-In post you has mention that there is four kind of program for computer science.which course will be best for diploma pass from INDIA
6-If any other good advice you will give,we will be very thankful to you. This is turning point of my son future and any bad decision taken by us(parents) may have trouble for him in future

Please,we request you to give your view on this.

Thank You
Regards
Shraddhapatel

rastgheghe

Mar 18, 2017
Good day. I've applied for 2071 fall admission and my application status is: complete ready for review, decision: hold file for next dept intake. Can anyone explain that to me.

bijo

Star Member
May 2, 2016
We both are in the same boat. Your status means that they have held your file till the end of next deadline, which is March 31. In simple words, they will send your application to the respective department only after March 31.

dilee6081

Oct 11, 2015
I am panning to apply for Msc Computer science in Jan 2018 intake. Can anyone please let me know from when URegina will start accepting applications for Jan intake.