+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

University of Phoenix

azndude

Star Member
Feb 26, 2009
If one has master degree from University of Pheonix online. Can he/she claims points for master degree?

sricanada

Apr 15, 2009
For any claiming Educational points either Bachelors or Masters they(CIC) mentioned clearly, need to be Full Time .
(Full Time means, need to attend 18 Hrs/week Classes / College).
If you have attended 18 Hrs / Week or more, your Good to get those extra points.....

less than that means Its not adding any points.
I would have read the CIC manuals first, before going to any assumptions.

Good Luck !!

azndude said:
If one has master degree from University of Pheonix online. Can he/she claims points for master degree?

Ankara_cafe

Oct 30, 2009
Dear AZNDUDE,
the University of Phoenix is a full regionally accredited University in the USA. So this means that they maintain good educational standarts. The answer to your question is that the relevant Visa Office will accept a degree from the U of P. Go to CIC.GC.CA and find the instruction for Visa Officers call "OP6" which is in PDF format. Read it carefully and you'll find information on how they assess distance learning degrees. They are usually afraid of 'unaccredited' degrees. But the U of P is accredited and furthermore, as far as I know, they've even got a campus in Canada. So don't worry, I BELIEVE that they'd accept it.
Good luck
PS: U of P is VERYYY expensive, isn't it? Go and study in Canada for they price.