+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

University of People (Distant Learning CRS points)

junaidstar

Oct 10, 2016
Khobar
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Karachi
NOC Code......
Dear Guys,

I am intending to take an admission for MBA program at University of People, California. It is basically a distant learning program, contains variety of courses. Since I am residing in Saudi Arabia and travelling to America is challenging due to cooperate life; hence, for this reason, I have decided to go for online education.

Having said that, currently my CRS score is 429 with having a bachelor’s degree and required IELTS bands (8777). Now, I want to increase my current points by doing such academic course. My question is whether the mentioned university is accredited by WES, ICES or any other educational body of Canada or not? In addition, if anyone has some prior experience with this university or any other distant learning institute, kindly contact.

Furthermore, I have received an email about the same query by university of people(UoP), recently, illustrating their affiliations below.

“Our programs are accredited by DEAC. University of the People is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC) which is listed by the U.S. Department of Education as a recognized accrediting agency.

The DEAC is also recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).

UoPeople is approved to operate by the State of California and is approved by the California Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education (BPPE) to award degrees.

To read more about UoPeople and accreditation click here.”

Need your guidance

Thanks,

Junaid

dasfand

May 25, 2018
Dear Guys,

I am intending to take an admission for MBA program at University of People, California. It is basically a distant learning program, contains variety of courses. Since I am residing in Saudi Arabia and travelling to America is challenging due to cooperate life; hence, for this reason, I have decided to go for online education.

Having said that, currently my CRS score is 429 with having a bachelor’s degree and required IELTS bands (8777). Now, I want to increase my current points by doing such academic course. My question is whether the mentioned university is accredited by WES, ICES or any other educational body of Canada or not? In addition, if anyone has some prior experience with this university or any other distant learning institute, kindly contact.

Furthermore, I have received an email about the same query by university of people(UoP), recently, illustrating their affiliations below.

“Our programs are accredited by DEAC. University of the People is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC) which is listed by the U.S. Department of Education as a recognized accrediting agency.

The DEAC is also recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).

UoPeople is approved to operate by the State of California and is approved by the California Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education (BPPE) to award degrees.

To read more about UoPeople and accreditation click here.”

Need your guidance

Thanks,

Junaid
Dear Junaid.

As per my experience, DETC or DEAC schools are not acceptable by WES, ICAS or any other coz these are not regionally accredit school. I was in same situation before and in UAE I faced the same issue.

DEAC schools has main problem of acceptance outside of US and even in US many colleges are not accepting the Cr. Hours.

Regards,

Dasfand

albloshi_sa

Jul 28, 2019
In short, All distance learning universities are not recognized by WES. No matter where you study and which country. If it is distance learning it will be assessed by WES and WES will leave remarks as “ non-recognized institution”