+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

University of Ottawa M.Eng Jan 2018

vish0019

Sep 1, 2017
hi everyone,
i have applied for 2018 jan intake for Masters in Engineering Management (University of Ottawa), my status as per UOZONE is that your file is complete, under evaluation. this is being shown since june, i however contacted their admission manager to confirm the date of admission decision. As per them, due to summer holidays (which are over now) and due to september intake procedures, the decisions for jan intake are getting delayed. once the procedures for september will end, they will start distributing offer letters for jan intake, which hopefully will happen by september 15.

Yemi1982

Jul 26, 2017
hi everyone,
i have applied for 2018 jan intake for Masters in Engineering Management (University of Ottawa), my status as per UOZONE is that your file is complete, under evaluation. this is being shown since june, i however contacted their admission manager to confirm the date of admission decision. As per them, due to summer holidays (which are over now) and due to september intake procedures, the decisions for jan intake are getting delayed. once the procedures for september will end, they will start distributing offer letters for jan intake, which hopefully will happen by september 15.
Hi Vish,
I have applied for this same course, September 15th is quite far though, especially considering visa processing time. Where are you from?

vish0019

Sep 1, 2017
Hi Vish,
I have applied for this same course, September 15th is quite far though, especially considering visa processing time. Where are you from?
hi,
i am from India, after offer letter and other formal procedures, online visa application and receiving decision will take not more than 2 months time, so as per my opinion, by november end you could have your visa granted.

Mohammad216

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
Uottawa have no time period so dont just applly in this university. I asked them how long it will take its already the mid of september and here is the reply i got from them.

Dear Mohammad,
Thank you for your e-mail. Please be advised that due to the very high volume of applications received this year, it has taken us longer to evaluate all applications. On top of that, the admission committee needed to complete their admission cycle for the Fall 2017 session before they could completely start the Winter 2018 admission cycle. Unfortunately, since the admission committee has to review each applications one by one, we do not have an exact timeline as to when we will have a decision.

Once a decision is made, you will be notified by e-mail.
Your patience and understanding is greatly appreciated.
Best regards,

Reactions: Princyvashisht25

Princyvashisht25

Star Member
Sep 9, 2017
I have applied for MEng in Electrical and Computer Engineering my application status is also under evaluation and whenever i send any email to the university the replies from there side are always same. Engineering department is quite slow i must say because they said that i could take 8-10 weeks and now it's 12th week still there is no update from their side.

Have anyone applied in another university ?

Reactions: Jas04

Jas04

Sep 1, 2017
I have applied for MEng in Electrical and Computer Engineering my application status is also under evaluation and whenever i send any email to the university the replies from there side are always same. Engineering department is quite slow i must say because they said that i could take 8-10 weeks and now it's 12th week still there is no update from their side.

Have anyone applied in another university ?
Hi
I applied for MEng in electrical and computers too and status is same till date. I applied for carleton and western ontario as well and expecting reply by end of this month.

Mohammad216

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
Hi guys,

I have applied in MEng manufacturing engineering in uottawa and Carleton university. Both application been submitted almost 2 months ago. And when I email them about the issue they tell me that we were very busy with September intake students. And we have too many application and blah blah blah. From my country it will take 2 months to get visa and everything I don't know when I will know if I get the offer letter or not.

Princyvashisht25

Star Member
Sep 9, 2017
Hi guys,

I have applied in MEng manufacturing engineering in uottawa and Carleton university. Both application been submitted almost 2 months ago. And when I email them about the issue they tell me that we were very busy with September intake students. And we have too many application and blah blah blah. From my country it will take 2 months to get visa and everything I don't know when I will know if I get the offer letter or not.
You would have mentioned your problems in the email so that they can consider it as well May be It could help

Princyvashisht25

Star Member
Sep 9, 2017
Guys i think we have to make a whatsapp group so that the conversation could be quite easy isn't it ? Because we all are facing the same problem "The Ottawa's offer letter " so ?

Mohammad216

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
Sure I'm in. And vashisht it's not only my problem even you will get 5-6 weeks for visa approval. I told them everything and they mailed me that we do understand but unfortunately we can't speed up the process as we have to go through all applications one by one. Can you believe it it's such a big university and can't understand the students problems. I'm hoping I can get an offer letter from Carleton or something. Btw who will make whatsapp group