+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

University Canada West tuition deposit

king89jm

Nov 27, 2019
Hi,

So, upon getting the offer letter, they are requesting $7900 as the tuition deposit. I am eligible for domestic rates based on a compulsory scholarship that will be allocated. So this deposit would be the equivalent of 3 semesters. Is this a resonable ask? Should I even consider paying it, especially since I have no guarantee of being issued a student visa? How safe is it to hand over the deposit to this institution?

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Scholarship from who? Compulsory how? This is a private school, you should avoid private schools in Canada, with the added uncertainty of the border being closed even more so.

king89jm

Nov 27, 2019
Scholarship from who? Compulsory how? This is a private school, you should avoid private schools in Canada, with the added uncertainty of the border being closed even more so.
It's offered to Caribbean and Latin American students. They were in my country up to past week selling this package on most of our local news stations. Wouldn't the border closure affect public schools just the same?

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
It's offered to Caribbean and Latin American students. They were in my country up to past week selling this package on most of our local news stations. Wouldn't the border closure affect public schools just the same?
I just realized it is a private school so they are not required to follow government recommendations. It is up to you. Personally, I would never enroll in a private institution coronavirus or not.