+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

University asked to re-correct and resubmit SOP

md.mazharul

Dec 30, 2019
Hii, I have applied to join Master of Administration in Leadership offered by University of Regina. I have applied for Fall 2021 session.
Recently the university asked me to modify my SOP and resubmit.
Now I am confused is it a good sign or Bad sign.
My profile
BBA and MBA
IELTS Academic 8 ( no band below 7)
Work experience 7+ in commercial bank

One more thing I forgot to mention that they instructed that they want "more specific answer for each section"

Seeking your valuable opinions

Last edited:

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
They probably suspect you plagiarized. Doesn't look good but since they are giving you a second chance, I suggest you take it.

md.mazharul

Dec 30, 2019
They probably suspect you plagiarized. Doesn't look good but since they are giving you a second chance, I suggest you take it.
Thank you for your opinion. I have written the SOP all by myself, and avoided searching anything to avoid plagiarism. However, after reading your opinion, I have checked the SOP in some plagiarism detector, those could not find any plagiarism. Still I think your view may have some merit.
However, I am wondering if they have suspected plagiarism, why would they ask me to modify it? why not just reject my application? I know that Canadian Universities are very strict about this.

One more thing I forgot to mention that the instructed that they want "more specific answer for each section"

Last edited:

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
Thank you for your opinion. I have written the SOP all by myself, and avoided searching anything to avoid plagiarism. However, after reading your opinion, I have checked the SOP in some plagiarism detector, those could not find any plagiarism. Still I think your view may have some merit.
However, I am wondering if they have suspected plagiarism, why would they ask me to modify it? why not just reject my application? I know that Canadian Universities are very strict about this.

One more thing I forgot to mention that the instructed that they want "more specific answer for each section"
You gave very generic answers copied from a template.

RamSatt

Mar 8, 2021
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-12-2020
Med's Done....
15-11-2020
Passport Req..
17-03-2021
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2021
LANDED..........
19-04-2021
Hi there @md.mazharul
Generic answers can be something as simple as statin Canada is an amazing country with a plethora of opportunities and that the university of Regina is an awesome university with outstanding faculty and top class infrastructure, as reasons for why you chose the program, university and Canada in general

You will need to explain specifically why you choose the Master of Administration and Leadership program at uRegina. Since you've done BBA and MBA, that shows you have knowledge in management. How do your previous studies tie in with this program. Is it progress in the same field or are you changing career technically? How it will help you progress in your career and with your career goals (if it does) and how you can contribute to the program and your fellow classmates? As a mature student with experience and a master's degree under your belt, how can you be an asset to your classmates and improve yourself?

Write about your extra curriculars and the like. Not generic ones like you winning first place at sports day or volunteering for a college day celebrations. Mention specific achievements you did. Perhaps even use examples from your experience at the commercial bank with can tie in with why you have chosen this specific program. Can you use an experiences to demonstrate your leadership skills? To show that you have experience in leadership but lack the structure and study and wish to make up for it by doing this program and learning the theory? Just as an example.

All of this is valid if uRegina asked for a SoP with no specific instructions. If they posted a problem statement or asked you cover something specific then that needs to be addressed in the SoP.

Remember, it is not about the length or fancy words. It's about how it reflects you.

Last edited:

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Hi there @wonderbly
Generic answers can be something as simple as statin Canada is an amazing country with a plethora of opportunities and that the university of Regina is an awesome university with outstanding faculty and top class infrastructure, as reasons for why you chose the program, university and Canada in general

You will need to explain specifically why you choose the Master of Administration and Leadership program at uRegina. Since you've done BBA and MBA, that shows you have knowledge in management. How do your previous studies tie in with this program. Is it progress in the same field or are you changing career technically? How it will help you progress in your career and with your career goals (if it does) and how you can contribute to the program and your fellow classmates? As a mature student with experience and a master's degree under your belt, how can you be an asset to your classmates and improve yourself?

Write about your extra curriculars and the like. Not generic ones like you winning first place at sports day or volunteering for a college day celebrations. Mention specific achievements you did. Perhaps even use examples from your experience at the commercial bank with can tie in with why you have chosen this specific program. Can you use an experiences to demonstrate your leadership skills? To show that you have experience in leadership but lack the structure and study and wish to make up for it by doing this program and learning the theory? Just as an example.

All of this is valid if uRegina asked for a SoP with no specific instructions. If they posted a problem statement or asked you cover something specific then that needs to be addressed in the SoP.

Remember, it is not about the length or fancy words. It's about how it reflects you.
I'm assuming you meant to direct this at the OP. Great advice, hope they see it.

RamSatt

Mar 8, 2021
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-12-2020
Med's Done....
15-11-2020
Passport Req..
17-03-2021
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2021
LANDED..........
19-04-2021
I'm assuming you meant to direct this at the OP. Great advice, hope they see it.
Oops. My bad. Thank you for pointing that out. I edited my post and changed the tag to the OPs username.

md.mazharul

Dec 30, 2019
Hi there @md.mazharul

Thank you very much. I think I have done most of the things right, in the modified version.
You should have led with this in your initial post. Provide an updated SOP with more specific answers. Good luck.
I am sorry for that

md.mazharul

Dec 30, 2019
Hi there @md.mazharul

Thank you for your valuable opinion. I think I have done most of the things correctly, in my modified SOP. Still very grateful for your comment, I started to feel guilty and helpless.

md.mazharul

Dec 30, 2019
Thank you everyone for your advice. I have receive my Letter of Acceptance from University of Regina. The reason the university asked to resubmit my SOP was because, my agent mistakenly uploaded the incomplete SOP. So, please don't go for any agent, if possible, because at the end of the day you will be doing all the work, they will just take your money for messing things up.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Thank you everyone for your advice. I have receive my Letter of Acceptance from University of Regina. The reason the university asked to resubmit my SOP was because, my agent mistakenly uploaded the incomplete SOP. So, please don't go for any agent, if possible, because at the end of the day you will be doing all the work, they will just take your money for messing things up.
Glad that worked out. Agents are generally PITAs and should be avoided.

Good luck with the visa application. Maybe I'll run into you on campus someday :D.

Sblue

May 19, 2021
It amazes me how some people on this forum don't even know their gckey info to writing their own SOP etc. I would be terrified if i have zero control over my application. Heck there are even services offered for thesis and all. Shameless and shameful.

Reactions: wonderbly