+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Univeristy Transcript- Official and Unofficial Issue - Please advise

Mango91

Star Member
Nov 20, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am undergraduate student. And I did send official transcript without envelope.
I got the test invitation so I guess sending whole envelope is not necessary.
However, If I were you, I would send whole envelope to be in safe :)

cancitizen

Mar 25, 2014
The official transcript will be sent to ATTN: My Name and my address. So, as I am addressee I will open the envelop and send original or copy? Is it necessary that addressee has to be ATTN: CIC ?

sinpguy

Jul 3, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2011
Nomination.....
15-12-2010
AOR Received.
25-07-2011 (by email)
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
02-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-08-2011
Passport Req..
01-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
01-01-2012
LANDED..........
20-01-2012
It says we need to submit only a copy of transcript or diploma.. Are we supposed to send original? I mean transcript...
My plan was to send copy of transcript and diploma .... pls advise

Cha2

Star Member
Mar 25, 2014
Re: Unveristy Transcript- Official and Unofficial Issue - Please advise

cancitizen said:
I think as per 6.F they need official school record. In that case the main difference is, the one picked up by student in person considered as Unofficial and the one they will post mail to 3rd person (Parent or others) considered as Official one.

So as like other official report cards from school, a photo copy what the CIC is asking for if I am not mistaken? In that case it will come to me and I can open the envelop and provide copy of that? or to be in safe I just send them whole envelope unopened?
@Cancitizen at this stage in your application an unofficial transcript will not hurt. I applied with an unofficial (issued to student) copy without even the envelope it came in and I did not have any problem. I am writing my test on Wednesday the 16th . Its on the test day that I will now show my original certificate because i am now done with school.

So don't go through the stress and spending money just to get an "official copy". A copy issued to the student is authentic and not forged. CIC understands that.

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ Cha2, Just curious you sent photocopy or original one? So the one issued to my name is considered as official one..

Cha2

Star Member
Mar 25, 2014
rayman_m said:
@ Cha2, Just curious you sent photocopy or original one? So the one issued to my name is considered as official one..
Yes Rayman I just submitted the original copy issued to me and I did not have any problem. My application is moving smoothly. Yes, the one issued to you is considered official as long as it is original copy and on your school's letter-headed paper.

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
"4. Education records

Provide photocopies of all your official education records if you attended an educational institution in the four (4) years immediately before the date of your application. Official education records are:

report cards; or
transcripts; or
attendance records"
I don't get it. CIC officially requests photocopies of the official transcripts; how come one would/could get in trouble for providing a transcript not in a sealed envelope? I opened the envelopes when I received the official transcripts. Do I have to request new ones and send them sealed?

Thanks.

eltorpe

Star Member
Jan 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MiriamT said:
I don't get it. CIC officially requests photocopies of the official transcripts; how come one would/could get in trouble for providing a transcript not in a sealed envelope? I opened the envelopes when I received the official transcripts. Do I have to request new ones and send them sealed?

Thanks.
Don't worry, I did the same thing you did (took the official transcripts out of the envelope) and had no issues.

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
eltorpe said:
Don't worry, I did the same thing you did (took the official transcripts out of the envelope) and had no issues.
Thanks!!