+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Univ of Victoria or Saskatchewan

i050343

Jan 28, 2014
Dear all

i have got admission in Master of Engineering in Electrical and Computer Engineering at University of Victoria and Master of Applied Science at University of Saskatchewan.

I wanted to ask which university is better regarding job after graduation, and provincial nomination after studies?

Faizanrao

Star Member
Sep 28, 2012
i050343 said:
Dear all

i have got admission in Master of Engineering in Electrical and Computer Engineering at University of Victoria and Master of Applied Science at University of Saskatchewan.

I wanted to ask which university is better regarding job after graduation, and provincial nomination after studies?
In terms of reputation,I would prefer University of Victoria.It is far better than Saskatchewan

Weather: UVic
Natural scenery,beauty: UVic
Fee: UVic (both are same almost but for MSc program saskatchewan would be cheaper)
Job prospects after graduation: Saskatchewan (Victoria is just 2 hours from Vancouver which is the best city to live all over the world so difference is not too great)
earning during studies: UVic
Immigration rules: Saskatchewan

Faizanrao

Star Member
Sep 28, 2012
btw both have different programs.If you want to pursue PHd then go for MSc from Saskatchewan.Msc has always an upper hand because you are funded so you might end up paying nothing during your degree.If you are into research then MSc otherwise Victoria if you want to just clear your degree without any mess.

tiger007

Champion Member
Faizanrao said:
Incorrect.

In terms of Immigration for Master's in Engineering degree students, B.C province is one of the best options.

B.C province has DIRECT PR option for Engineering Master degree students-

B.C International Post-Graduates Stream:
Nominee Applicants to the International Post-Graduates category must have satisfied the requirements for an eligible masters or doctorate degree from a recognized post-secondary institution in BC within the last two years.
Provided they meet certain conditions and have passed out with an eligible graduate degree, direct PNP nomination and PR is possible, without any job offer. No caps.
Eligible Graduate Degree Programs
A graduate degree (masters or earned doctorate) awarded for studies in the natural, applied or health sciences. This includes programs in the following fields of study:
•Agriculture
•Biological and Biomedical Sciences
•Computer and Information Sciences and Support Services
•Engineering
•Engineering Technology
•Health Professions and Related Clinical Sciences
•Mathematics and Statistics
•Natural Resources Conservation and Research
•Physical Sciences
http://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate/About-the-BC-PNP/Skills-Immigration/International-Post-Graduates.aspx

Also, as a matter of fact.. immigration in province of Saskatchewan is very tough these days. Reason: Limited quota under general SINP category for students. There are ONLY 250 seats in a given year for international students studying in Saskatchewan, and considering there are thousands of international students... getting a place can be very difficult.
www.saskimmigrationcanada.ca/student
http://www.saskimmigrationcanada.ca/sinp-application-intake-thresholds

mizan776

Jan 27, 2014
Muscat, Oman
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2014
Med's Request
Exempted
Med's Done....
Exempted
Interview........
Exempted
Passport Req..
21-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2014
LANDED..........
19-08-2014
i050343 said:
Dear all

Congrats brother. Can you please share your profile? It would be an encouragement for every prospective students applying

i050343

Jan 28, 2014
thanks all for your replies :)

ans yes i did submit GRE for victoria. also i talked with my supervisor at victoria and he is willing to transfer me from Meng to MAsc

Khan81

Star Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
could you please share your profile..thnxx

Khan81

Star Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thnx Bro. from where you belong I infact I m also accepted to M.Engg Electrical and computer Engg in UVIc for Fall 2014

Khan81

Star Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thats good UoSas is best option for MSc. and the visa chance for MSc is high .

Faizanrao

Star Member
Sep 28, 2012
tiger007 said:
Incorrect.

In terms of Immigration for Master's in Engineering degree students, B.C province is one of the best options.

B.C province has DIRECT PR option for Engineering Master degree students-

B.C International Post-Graduates Stream:
Nominee Applicants to the International Post-Graduates category must have satisfied the requirements for an eligible masters or doctorate degree from a recognized post-secondary institution in BC within the last two years.
Provided they meet certain conditions and have passed out with an eligible graduate degree, direct PNP nomination and PR is possible, without any job offer. No caps.
Eligible Graduate Degree Programs
A graduate degree (masters or earned doctorate) awarded for studies in the natural, applied or health sciences. This includes programs in the following fields of study:
•Agriculture
•Biological and Biomedical Sciences
•Computer and Information Sciences and Support Services
•Engineering
•Engineering Technology
•Health Professions and Related Clinical Sciences
•Mathematics and Statistics
•Natural Resources Conservation and Research
•Physical Sciences
http://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate/About-the-BC-PNP/Skills-Immigration/International-Post-Graduates.aspx

Also, as a matter of fact.. immigration in province of Saskatchewan is very tough these days. Reason: Limited quota under general SINP category for students. There are ONLY 250 seats in a give year for international students studying in Saskatchewan, and considering there are thousands of international students... getting a place can be very difficult.
www.saskimmigrationcanada.ca/student
http://www.saskimmigrationcanada.ca/sinp-application-intake-thresholds
Yes you may be right. :)

bruce9078

Star Member
Jan 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
can anyone please give me the program brochure of Saskatchewan Uni direct link as i am not getting it on the website. looking to study bachelor program.

bruce9078

Star Member
Jan 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Faizanrao said:
In terms of reputation,I would prefer University of Victoria.It is far better than Saskatchewan

Weather: UVic
Natural scenery,beauty: UVic
Fee: UVic (both are same almost but for MSc program saskatchewan would be cheaper)
Job prospects after graduation: Saskatchewan (Victoria is just 2 hours from Vancouver which is the best city to live all over the world so difference is not too great)
earning during studies: UVic
can anyone please give me the program brochure of Saskatchewan Uni direct link as i am not getting it on the website. looking to study bachelor program.