+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unique Case - Study and work permit together

sharmar

Jul 20, 2017
Hi everyone!

I got study visa for Sept 17 intake. Now my employer is offering me Canada work permit. If i go for the work permit with my organization then my study permit will be valid?

Also, will this(already having student visa) create any problem while applying for work permit. Please Help

rajwinder111

Mar 1, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone!

I got study visa for Sept 17 intake. Now my employer is offering me Canada work permit. If i go for the work permit with my organization then my study permit will be valid?

Also, will this(already having student visa) create any problem while applying for work permit. Please Help
You can't hold study and work permit at same time . As long as you have study permit ,they will reject your Work permit.

Yes you can work part time with your employer but not full time . You will get part time work permit at the post of entry with study permit.
Good Luck :)

sharmar

Jul 20, 2017
You can't hold study and work permit at same time . As long as you have study permit ,they will reject your Work permit.

Yes you can work part time with your employer but not full time . You will get part time work permit at the post of entry with study permit.
Good Luck :)
Thank you for the response. What if i cancel my study permit first then apply for WP?

Also, i read somewhere if some already has full time Study permit and apply for full time WP then Study permit will be cancelled by embassy to avail WP.

rajwinder111

Mar 1, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for the response. What if i cancel my study permit first then apply for WP?

Also, i read somewhere if some already has full time Study permit and apply for full time WP then Study permit will be cancelled by embassy to avail WP.
Not much idea about this .... its hard to approve work permit as compared to study permit. you can try

Sraeji

May 8, 2021
Hi everyone!

Hey do you have any update on it?

Ross88

Star Member
May 27, 2023
Oh, look: a covenient place to find "students" who are possibly only looking for a backdoor work permit!

Sraeji

May 8, 2021
What are you talking about? I am a dependent of a Canadian citizen. And right now on a work permit. But I want to go back to a masters program also continue my current job.

Ross88

Star Member
May 27, 2023
Why not get sponsored for PR then? No permits required and lower tuition fees.

OP literally asked if they can abandon/cancel their study permit to go for a work permit instead - meaning that studying was never the point to begin with.

Not my fault if you didn't read the thread carefully before asking your question!

Sraeji

May 8, 2021
Why not get sponsored for PR then? No permits required and lower tuition fees.

OP literally asked if they can abandon/cancel their study permit to go for a work permit instead - meaning that studying was never the point to begin with.

Not my fault if you didn't read the thread carefully before asking your question!
Sorry about that! Because this program is very very competitive and i am still paying domestic fee because i am a dependent.

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
Sorry about that! Because this program is very very competitive and i am still paying domestic fee because i am a dependent.
Curious as to how you can pay as a domestic when not yet PR...

Reactions: Naturgrl