+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Uni of Regina Applicants for Fall 2016 Intake

Khan00

Jan 4, 2016
Everyone who has applied or is currently applying for Fall 2016 intake for Uni Of Regina, lets meet here and discuss with each other our queries and our misunderstandings so that we may be able to help each other in our difficulties regarding visa process.
Regards
Hamza Khan

re3dv

Star Member
Sep 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2016
IELTS Request
25-02-2016
File Transfer...
26-02-2016
Med's Request
22-03-2016
Med's Done....
31-03-2016
Interview........
22-03-2016
Passport Req..
25-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2016
LANDED..........
Soon InshAllah
I hv applied for fall 16 for process systems engineering...waiting for april to come :D

re3dv

Star Member
Sep 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2016
IELTS Request
25-02-2016
File Transfer...
26-02-2016
Med's Request
22-03-2016
Med's Done....
31-03-2016
Interview........
22-03-2016
Passport Req..
25-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2016
LANDED..........
Soon InshAllah
Bsc eng 78%
Ielts 7
I havent secured a supervisor so not putting a lot of hope in admission..

Owais86

Jul 20, 2015
Abu Dhabi
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
07 Feb 2016
I already got admission in Masters in HRM for spring 2016.

brahmaji

Feb 6, 2016
HI all i am new to this forum
i need some help regarding universities and visa
my profile
10th-79.6%
12th-79.6%
BE.Mech Eng from anna-university- 6.58/10 - 16backlogs with out repetition and 30 backlogs with repetition.
3years research work in college and represented india in Philippines for research presentation.
tons of additional awards and certificates and extra-circular.
IELTS-7.0 WITH NOTHING LESS THAN 6
reason for backlogs is apart from all research i was doing in 2 and 3rd year i was suffering from very bad health issues.
i am choosing university for simple fact that i am not eligible for SPP colleges and i know i cannot approach a consultant because every one deals with SPP colleges and tats the reason why they say more then 8 backlogs there is no chance.
questions (i am looking for Masters in mechanical eng)
1)i want to how exactly do universities count backlogs. no of subjects or RAs
2)considering my backlogs can some suggest me some universities.
3)i am planning to apply for u of regina , what would be chances?

any suggestions will be helpful

gururaj026

Jan 29, 2015
Hi all,
My profile
12th - 91%
BE Mech Engg - 81%
TOEFL- 103
4 years work exp in L&T.

I'm thinking of applying to Univ of Regina for industrial Engg. How's the course and job opportunities after graduation. I'm planning to earn some money during my studies through part time jobs (any jobs like in a restaurant) and many suggested getting into an university in a bigger city for increasing my chances of getting a part time job. So I chose Engg. management in Univ of Ottawa & Mechatronics in UBC, Vancouver. But I'm afraid of my chances of getting into those universities. I plan to settle in Canada and I'm aiming at getting a good job and PR. Pls provide your views in this. It'll be a lot of help.

Ahmedalesh

Feb 9, 2016
Owais86 said:
I already got admission in Masters in HRM for spring 2016.
@owais86 I got a GS cond'l offer of acceptance for spring 2016. Wanted to know the steps u carried out after getting the decision.

Owais86

Jul 20, 2015
Abu Dhabi
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
07 Feb 2016
@ahmed

Initially I also got GS Conditional Acceptance Letter. They mentioned all conditions in acceptance letter. i.e degrees, certificates & IELTs should directly send to UoR from the university, college & institution respectively. Furthermore recommendation letters should must be an exact replica of the copies previously submitted and should be in sealed envelope bears the signature of the referee across the seal.

I submitted all required documents, later on they send me fully acceptance letter.

Thanks
Owais

Ahmedalesh

Feb 9, 2016
Owais86 said:
@ahmed

Initially I also got GS Conditional Acceptance Letter. They mentioned all conditions in acceptance letter. i.e degrees, certificates & IELTs should directly send to UoR from the university, college & institution respectively. Furthermore recommendation letters should must be an exact replica of the copies previously submitted and should be in sealed envelope bears the signature of the referee across the seal.

I submitted all required documents, later on they send me fully acceptance letter.

Thanks
Owais
@OWAIS

Thanks for the response. I had not gotten the conditional letter of acceptance. Did you get the conditional letter immediately after your decision status changed or it took a while.

Regards,
Ahmed

kayposh

Jan 1, 2015
I would like to know how much one should set aside to successfully complete a Ph.d programme (Accounting) in Canada. An estimate would be just fine.

How easy is it to acquire PR while running a Ph.d program?

Would I be allowed to bring my family along?

Can my spouse work during the period?

Owais86

Jul 20, 2015
Abu Dhabi
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
07 Feb 2016
Ahmedalesh said:
@OWAIS

Thanks for the response. I had not gotten the conditional letter of acceptance. Did you get the conditional letter immediately after your decision status changed or it took a while.

Regards,
Ahmed
@Ahmed

After the updation of my admission status, I did wait till 2 weeks but did not receive any GS Cond'l Acceptance Letter, then I emailed them after that they asked my full name & date of birth & same day they send me a scan copy of cond'l acceptance letter. I received the original conditional letter after 6 weeks because standard mail takes around 4 to 6 weeks & unfortunately we can also not track the mail. I requested to university to send me by courier I will bear the charges but they refused & informed that they can only send standard mail.

Thanks
Owais

Ahmedalesh

Feb 9, 2016
Owais86 said:
@Ahmed

After the updation of my admission status, I did wait till 2 weeks but did not receive any GS Cond'l Acceptance Letter, then I emailed them after that they asked my full name & date of birth & same day they send me a scan copy of cond'l acceptance letter. I received the original conditional letter after 6 weeks because standard mail takes around 4 to 6 weeks & unfortunately we can also not track the mail. I requested to university to send me by courier I will bear the charges but they refused & informed that they can only send standard mail.

Thanks
Owais
@Owais

Thanks a lot. That was pretty enlightening. I had written to them already but yet to hey a response. I would just have to follow up on it.

Have a lovely academic year

Regards,
Ahmed

Ahmedalesh

Feb 9, 2016
Owais86 said:
@Ahmed

Thanks
Owais
@Owais

I had gotten the official letter of Acceptance from the School showing all conditions to be satisfied for an unconditional offer. Could i use the received letter of Acceptance to start processing my study permit. The letter does not have the tuition fee details but just a link to an online tuition fee calculator. Would that be satisfactory enough for the processing?

Thanks
Ahmed

Owais86

Jul 20, 2015
Abu Dhabi
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
07 Feb 2016
Ahmedalesh said:
@Owais

I had gotten the official letter of Acceptance from the School showing all conditions to be satisfied for an unconditional offer. Could i use the received letter of Acceptance to start processing my study permit. The letter does not have the tuition fee details but just a link to an online tuition fee calculator. Would that be satisfactory enough for the processing?

Thanks
Ahmed
@ Ahmed,
I believe you have to provide all the proves to VO that you will fulfill the requirements mentioned in Cond’l acceptance letter. But it will be much better to fulfill all the requirements prior to apply for study permit that’s what I did. Upon fulfill the all requirements next day university mailed the fully acceptance letter to me & I requested for scan copy which I attached with the application. Furthermore I also attached the print out of fee which was mentioned on GS UoR website. I believe they will accept it, if they will ask for further fee details accordingly I will update here.

Thanks & Regards,
Owais