+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

unfair fired with working visa and trying a new job through the LMO

DIETER

Jun 8, 2008
I recently came to Edmonton with a working visa through an employment agency in order to do a Customer Service job, and once being in the company contacted by the agency, they put me to do a different job that was not specified in the contract. There was an unpleasant situation and no human environment. The manager was always in bad mood, giving orders in a very bad manner and not accepting questions about my job that I was supposed to do.
Few weeks later the company resigned my contract and fired me the same day of notification.
I told them that it was very unfair because not even provided a notice in advance....
I have paid lot of money to come here, plus the money for the house rental and other expenses, and now it is becoming very frustrating since I can not work for other company until there is one willing to accept tp go through the LMO which may take moths to get that approved.

Other concern or problem is that I can not provide refference of that previous job becuse I was fired and ussually the new companies do not hire people that have been fired....

What can I do?......your comments will be appreciated in-deed

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can try to find a company that already has an open LMO, then it will not take so much time.

Budong

Mar 12, 2008
Hi! I think you have all the right to complaint in Service Canada regarding your previous employer did to you.
It all says in your contract what should be your work in Canada and they cannot terminate you
without valid reasons, review your contract ,there is also says there that you have at least to be in the company for 6 mos. minimum before you can be separated with your employer, if you will let them do this, they will do this to al other employees as well, and with agency you can also go back to them and tell your story, be brave friend, there are alot of employers who could give you a better offer. Goodluck.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Budong said:
Hi! I think you have all the right to complaint in Service Canada regarding your previous employer did to you.
It all says in your contract what should be your work in Canada and they cannot terminate you
without valid reasons, review your contract ,there is also says there that you have at least to be in the company for 6 mos. minimum before you can be separated with your employer, if you will let them do this, they will do this to al other employees as well, and with agency you can also go back to them and tell your story, be brave friend, there are alot of employers who could give you a better offer. Goodluck.
1, A company can fire for cause at anytime and can also let you go during the probation period, there is nothing in Canadian Labour law that says they must employ you for 6 months.

PMM