+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unemployed Gap

heather.rajat

Star Member
Jul 20, 2017
Hi all,

To keep it short, I was living with my daughters father and he was supporting the household financially, while I took care of my daughter. This was from 2013 to 2016. We were not officially in a common law relationship or married or anything. My daughters biological father is NOT my husband (PA).

How would I explain this for "relationship information and sponsorship evaluation" part A, #1.

The form says to explain how I supported myself if I was unemployed. How should I explain this? Will this cause issues?

heather.rajat

Star Member
Jul 20, 2017
are you the sponsor? are you trying to sponsor your daughter's biological father?
I am the sponsor of my husband. My husband is my daughters step father.

My daughters biological father lives in the US (citizen). He is not being sponsored. However, before I met my husband, I was living with my daughters father (not romantically) and he was financially supporting us for a while, while I stayed home with my daughter.

haXudon

May 31, 2015
just be honest and say you were living with your daughter in her father's house and he pretty much pays for everything while you take care of your daughter.