+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

under review for background verifications

SaminehBagheri

Jun 23, 2016
I am an Iranian living in Germany. Applying for a visitor visa to attend to a conference. I've bought already a ticket for 20th of July (which I beleive was not the best idea ever :( ). I have applied on 13.June pretty confident that I will recieve the VISA on time because the processing time was estimated as 8 calender days. Now after 22 days and not getting any notice in CIC I am pretty worried. I contacted the visa office in Vienna. And they told me that my application is under review for background verification.

Does anyone recieve the same thing? What does that even mean? Is it some extra procedure or a normal document cheking is called background verification? And the most important is how long does it take? Do you think if I still can have hope to make my flight?

Anyhow I find it very ridiculous if a visitor visa procedure needs to be taken more than a month or something only for 10 days stay.

Temmeris

Aug 10, 2016
Hi Dear,
Any update on your case?
I've applied on the 20th of July from Dusseldorf and I'm an Iraq living in the Netherlands and still no change in my visa status.
regards.