+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Undeclared visa refusal

ramansinha

Apr 2, 2024
I applied for Canada study permit in Sep 2021 and did not declare Schengen visitor visa refusal (due to travel ban) got study permit accepted in Jan 2022. However I did mention Canada study permit refusal which I had gotten in September.
I applied for Canada PGWP in Oct, 2022 and did not declare Schengen visitor visa refusal.
I applied for another work permit in March 2024 and did not declare Schengen visa refusal.
I am soon going to apply for PR should I declare now? If I declare then will I be safe then?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I applied for Canada study permit in Sep 2021 and did not declare Schengen visitor visa refusal (due to travel ban) got study permit accepted in Jan 2022. However I did mention Canada study permit refusal which I had gotten in September.
I applied for Canada PGWP in Oct, 2022 and did not declare Schengen visitor visa refusal.
I applied for another work permit in March 2024 and did not declare Schengen visa refusal.
I am soon going to apply for PR should I declare now? If I declare then will I be safe then?
Why did you fail to declare...and the fail to declare two more times? Why?!

If I were the person at IRCC that reviews your PR application I would not be impressed! You should hope that your misrepresentation does not lead to your PR being denied!

ramansinha

Apr 2, 2024
Why did you fail to declare...and the fail to declare two more times? Why?!

If I were the person at IRCC that reviews your PR application I would not be impressed! You should hope that your misrepresentation does not lead to your PR being denied!
I did not find it relevant to declare as it was due to travel ban. I only came to know now. Would appreciate advice on the next steps rather than asking me question why I did not declare. If you don’t have an advice feel free to not comment.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I did not find it relevant to declare as it was due to travel ban. I only came to know now. Would appreciate advice on the next steps rather than asking me question why I did not declare. If you don’t have an advice feel free to not comment.
How could you choose to not be truthful to IRCC because you felt that it was `irrelevant'? The question usually asks if you have been refused entry into, or asked to leave a country; it doesn't try to parse the details.

At the very least you must admit that you did in fact misrepresent yourself previously. Based on similar stories from others, it seems that IRCC is often times forgiving, but only if the applicant voluntarily makes the effort to correct their mistake.

Reactions: YVR123

ramansinha

Apr 2, 2024
How could you choose to not be truthful to IRCC because you felt that it was `irrelevant'? The question usually asks if you have been refused entry into, or asked to leave a country; it doesn't try to parse the details.

At the very least you must admit that you did in fact misrepresent yourself previously. Based on similar stories from others, it seems that IRCC is often times forgiving, but only if the applicant voluntarily makes the effort to correct their mistake.
As mentioned above, I am not looking for a moral advice here. And thanks for the last paragraph as that’s the only one which is helpful. You wasted my and your time writing the rest.

• Angry
Reactions: Ponga