+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unconventional Proof of True Love =))

GetUsHome

Star Member
Mar 24, 2011
I think you need proof of why you don't have proof. For example my partner and I couldn't produce to much in the way of joint financial proof on the first submission.

So our second batch of documents showed we didn't have a joint car loan because we owned paid for 10 year old cars and we submitted the titles. Neither of us drives the other's cars enough to warrant adding each other to the insurance policies. We didn't have an apartment lease because we own multiple properties so presented mortgages that we each took out prior to our relationship and explained that mine were rental units/office space and it would cost $$$ to add each other to mortgage documents.

By the time they wanted the second batch of stuff we had more financial proof that had just occurred naturally over time and we sent that as well.

And we sent the printout of our text messages all 11,000 of them.

And still we wait.

Mrslwsn

Oct 7, 2010
Toronto/Mobay
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2011
AOR Received.
neva yet
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-03-12
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-12
LANDED..........
29-04-2012
Did they ask you to explain that?? May I ask if you are applying inland/outland? I do not have anything joint with my husband, we have never permanantly lived together, therefore everything of mine was established and so was his. He bought his car b4 we were married. I have had my bank account for years and so has he. I guess it matters what your personal situation is, because I cant forsee that stuff being important in my case.

GetUsHome

Star Member
Mar 24, 2011
What the VO said was we hadn't proved our case because we were missing the financial proof. We could be roommates. So we had to show why we didn't have the missing items and what we had instead to support our assertion that we didn't need what was missing.

We were not going out and buying a car or renting an apartment we didn't need just to get paperwork for immigration.

Gather what you do have jointly and then gather what you have separately and explain why joining them has never made financial sense or there was no need. We have one joint checking account but then we have another 4 or 5 separately because we run businesses through them and can't add each other to each other's companies. We explained that.

EDIT: We are applying outland.

Mrslwsn said:
Did they ask you to explain that?? May I ask if you are applying inland/outland? I do not have anything joint with my husband, we have never permanantly lived together, therefore everything of mine was established and so was his. He bought his car b4 we were married. I have had my bank account for years and so has he. I guess it matters what your personal situation is, because I cant forsee that stuff being important in my case.

n74i4

May 18, 2010
mroliveland said:
In my opinion, OFFICIAL sharing of properties is a very solid proof of any relationship (whether spouse or common-law). A good example of this is a joint bank account or a house registered under the names of the two partner. It means a full trust between the two partners and such trust only comes after genuine relationship of any kind.
I think you E-mailed me earlier yesterday about my case with the visa office in Cairo if it was ever approved or not. Yes my case was approved and I tried to e-mail you back but I wasn't able to for some reason I am not aware of. anyways if you can send me your e-mail address I can tell you the time line for my whole application.
Good Luck

sm90

Mar 28, 2012
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys! I am new to this forum and will be starting my application in a few months :). Anyways, at this point I am starting to gather proof of our relationship and i have a few questions. First of all our main source of communication is Facebook chat and skype. I dont have any proof from skype, and unfortunately we both have been deleting our messages on Facebook so as of right now I only have about a months worth of conversation on facebook. However,,, we do talk about a lot of personal stuff and I do not really want to print off my chats with him. I was wondering if it would be a good idea if i did a printsceen shot of our conversation from every day for the past month or so. This way, they will see that we do communicate daily because of the date on Facebook chat but I wont be providing them with our whole conversation of the day. Should I do this? Also, our conversations are not on English, so do you think I need to translate this or can I leave it since i doubt they actually read the conversations.

This is what I have so far: pictures from last summer when we got together, pictures from this winter when I went to visit, and will have a lot more pictures when I go now to visit for 3 months.

Phone bills showing that I called him often from my home phone

Screen shots of songs and such that I have posted on his wall on facebook [not from mine because mine is private] and some screen shots of profile pictures of us together showing dates when these were uploaded .

I also have copies of my tickets from the summer, winter, and the one i will be using in 3 weeks.

Do you guys think this is okay? I am a little worried that it might not be enough because we dont have letters or emails and I dont really have proof from Facebook or Skype. Also, we have been together since June only so we havent accumulated a lot of proof of our relationship.... what would help me a lot would be if i could get bills from my cellphone provider to show every month how many text messages I have sent but i was told this information is not available.

Saffy

Star Member
Dec 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
AOR Received.
August 29, 2012
File Transfer...
July 17, 2012
Med's Done....
April 10, 2012
Passport Req..
13-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2012
Also for me, I have convos from 2010, maybe 4 of them, about 20 pages each. But no other convos until now, i didn't really think of saving them all the time... i have phone bills of me calling him, but they are short calls because i would usually call to just tell him to get online ...

we hav some facebook messages too, we have MANY pics of the times I went there, and many many plane tickets ...

I hope this is enough God willing!

weary-damsil31

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2012
Med's Done....
April 28,2012
LANDED..........
July 10/14
Mrslwsn said:
Sorry I disagree. Financial or material things in my opinion are weak. Anyone can have their names on a piece of paper. I think genuine pics, regular correspondance etc are just as good examples of proof. Me n my husband dont have joint accts, I dont have my name on his car title..so is our relationship not genuine?
Hi there! thank you for sharing your opinion about the joint bank accounts..i have been so worried about it,since we don't have one..We went to the bank last year to supposedly open a joint account but i dont know how and why it turned out that it was only my partner's name and i am the benificiary.We are not a sociable type of couple,we just hang out at home watching movies most of the time that is why our pictures are limited too i mean pictures with friends.But we did checked our skype,msn and facebook conversations from the day we meet until i moved to his place and have our baby.I am still worried,but ill just hang on in there...God be with us....:)

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
guys ladies please don't compare the proofs necessary for spouse sponsorship vs common-law sponsorship....some of u here r sponsoring spouses some partners....i think the common-law ones do have something joint (it is requirement, otherwise how do they see that u r common-law with nothing joint ::) )....for spouses the joint part is not required, if u have it even better...

cheers :)

missmymexi

Feb 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-17-2012
Doc's Request.
11-26-12 - Common law declaration/PRG/SSP
AOR Received.
Ottawa - 09-11-12 / DF 11-26-12
File Transfer...
09-17-12
Med's Done....
02-29-12
We added in several pictures of paintings that my fiance had painted of both me and my daughter, I also included cards my daughter had made for him and for both of us (we are doing common law) so this is to prove we act as a family. I would think this would be a little bit out of the box :)

We also included skype logs, copy of facebook timeline, photo's (same problem, they were always of one of us because someone has to take the picture !) So i grouped them into categories such as vacations and events with mixed couple pics and pictures of each of us on our own.

We also included 30 letters from friends, family and neighbors confirming our relationship. He is listed as the beneficary on my life insurance but we really had no joint financials to show as he was illegal while we were living together so not very easy.

Although immigration found him through facebook, he had posted our address to a friend on his wall and they caught it and arrested him the next morning, somehow I am hoping this is proof of him living there ! lol we will see, gotta look on the bright side !

We often joke about taking sexy pictures and sending them in if they really want proof, but lets hope it doesnt come to that !

itscoezy

Dec 20, 2010
Puerto Vallarta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2012
Doc's Request.
10-10-2012
AOR Received.
10-10-2012
File Transfer...
07-08-2012
Med's Done....
10-04-2012
Interview........
20-11-2012
Passport Req..
03-01-2013
missmymexi said:
We added in several pictures of paintings that my fiance had painted of both me and my daughter, I also included cards my daughter had made for him and for both of us (we are doing common law) so this is to prove we act as a family. I would think this would be a little bit out of the box :)

We also included skype logs, copy of facebook timeline, photo's (same problem, they were always of one of us because someone has to take the picture !) So i grouped them into categories such as vacations and events with mixed couple pics and pictures of each of us on our own.

We also included 30 letters from friends, family and neighbors confirming our relationship. He is listed as the beneficary on my life insurance but we really had no joint financials to show as he was illegal while we were living together so not very easy.

Although immigration found him through facebook, he had posted our address to a friend on his wall and they caught it and arrested him the next morning, somehow I am hoping this is proof of him living there ! lol we will see, gotta look on the bright side !

We often joke about taking sexy pictures and sending them in if they really want proof, but lets hope it doesnt come to that !
WoW, they are even using facebook! that's crazy.
I can't believe you had 30 letters from friends and family! that's amazing lol I don't think we have 30 close people that really know our situation..however my SO has never been to Canada to meet my side of the family/friends. :(

I love that you included the drawings and cards too!! :)!

Mrslwsn

Oct 7, 2010
Toronto/Mobay
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2011
AOR Received.
neva yet
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-03-12
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-12
LANDED..........
29-04-2012
Ya i included cards my kids made/draw for my husband and a pic of a clay medal that says #1 dad on it, then a pic of my hubby wearing the thing!! lol I think the more "casual" proof you have makes it more believable. As I said b4 anyone can put names on joint assets, but can you really question a pic of a man wearing big shiny gold painted medals tied with ribbon smiling proudly with 4 kids literally draped over him? Not likely LOL

missmymexi

Feb 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-17-2012
Doc's Request.
11-26-12 - Common law declaration/PRG/SSP
AOR Received.
Ottawa - 09-11-12 / DF 11-26-12
File Transfer...
09-17-12
Med's Done....
02-29-12
Mrslwsn said:
Ya i included cards my kids made/draw for my husband and a pic of a clay medal that says #1 dad on it, then a pic of my hubby wearing the thing!! lol I think the more "casual" proof you have makes it more believable. As I said b4 anyone can put names on joint assets, but can you really question a pic of a man wearing big shiny gold painted medals tied with ribbon smiling proudly with 4 kids literally draped over him? Not likely LOL
Oh I just love this ! I got a great picture in my head well reading this and you are so right, you can not deny that !