+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unclear about processing times

sangpll2009

Star Member
Jun 16, 2018
Hello,

My husband currently resides in country A, but he will be applying for his visitor visa when he travels back to India for vacation.

1) Will the processing time be according to the time as shown for Country A or as shown for India in the official website? Is the processing time same for online and paper applications?

2) Should the country of residence be mentioned as A or India? Ideally I believe it should be country A, as that's where he is earning from, but since he is in India while applying, I wanted to clarify.

3) I am in the post AOR stage, with spouse non-accompanying. But in my profile, i see that a UCI number has been assigned to him. Should it be mentioned in his visitor application form?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
1) Will the processing time be according to the time as shown for Country A or as shown for India in the official website?
Country A.

Processing times published on the IRCC website are only a courtesy. Actual processing time will vary depending on the specifics of the application.

Is the processing time same for online and paper applications?
See the above.

2) Should the country of residence be mentioned as A or India? Ideally I believe it should be country A, as that's where he is earning from, but since he is in India while applying, I wanted to clarify.
Country A if he has been staying there since 6+ months + he has immigration status (worker status) in Country A

3) I am in the post AOR stage, with spouse non-accompanying. But in my profile, i see that a UCI number has been assigned to him. Should it be mentioned in his visitor application form?
Yes

sangpll2009

Star Member
Jun 16, 2018
Country A.

Processing times published on the IRCC website are only a courtesy. Actual processing time will vary depending on the specifics of the application.

See the above.

Country A if he has been staying there since 6+ months + he has immigration status (worker status) in Country A

Yes
The thing is, the processing time shown for his residence country is 40-50 days but for India its 21 days. We would like to get it processed as soon as possible. Is there anyway we can try to get it within the processing times mentioned for India?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
The thing is, the processing time shown for his residence country is 40-50 days but for India its 21 days. We would like to get it processed as soon as possible. Is there anyway we can try to get it within the processing times mentioned for India?
There's no expedited processing.

Processing will take as long as is required for the visa office to make a decision regardless of where the application is submitted from