Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2010
Doc's Request.
18-05-2010/Full Doc. 31-08-2010
AOR Received.
14-12-2010
Please I need your help. I went to the US BANK in order to get a letter from them with our current balance. Their answer was: We cannot provide you a letter with the current balance of your account. We have to fax your request to Minneapolis(where is their main office), it costs 60 US dollars, and it takes 2-3 weeks. This left me with no words...3 weeks for a simple letter, just to show my own money!!! After I fax that request, I went again to the bank, and the manager said that I will have to wait for their answer, and they will fax that letter to me back. My question to them was: Ok but I need an original letter stamped and signed,not just a faxed letter, and for that I have to pay 60 dollars!!!!!!!
I don't know what to do??? I mean, the visa office should be aware that some bank are really knockheaded...Guys what is your opinion; I have never heard about such thing before...not to be able to go to your bank and get a simple letter....... :mad:

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Micuza,

You are right. I had the same experience with Bank of America couple of years back but the fees was $30 dollars ...and I had no option but to get it. . It seems they have to charge because they have to do additional paper work which is not a normal day to day task for the head office.

Pay for your own statement.. ridiculous but true in US. I did not have any problem in my home country.

Mitali

cancer24

Star Member
Apr 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-APR-10[CIO]
Doc's Request.
24-JUN-10
AOR Received.
27-JUL-10[2nd]
IELTS Request
16-Mar-10[Score 8]
File Transfer...
30-JUN-10
I couldn't agree with you more.

My Bank of America experience has been similar. I submitted three requests and each time they mentioned different fees in the range on $10 - $30. Once you submit request they will reply saying that fee is so and so and submit another request to confirm it which made me submitting multiple requests. After showing local branch manager all three correspondences I settled down for $10. And the letter I got from them is the ugliest in my whole pack of "Full Documents".

micuza2004

Star Member
Apr 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
14-12-2010
Thank you so much for your answers. I was on the point of thinkink that I I was the only one with such an experience. I couldn't believe my eyes when I heard...60 dollars for my own bank letter, and my own money. In my country, such services are totally free, that's why I am stunned, and not to mention the period of time :eek:, it's ridiculous; Thank God I still got almost one month until our 120 days expire. I have never thought that such things can exist here in the US. Hopefully, at least they will stamp and sign that letter...

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Micuza,

As Cancer said, you might get the "ugliest looking" letter. Try negotiating with the Bank... Cancer got a good deal at $10 bucks. You might be lucky and save some money.

Mitali

micuza2004

Star Member
Apr 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
14-12-2010
Thanks Mitali, the thing is that I have already talked with the manager of my US Bank branch. She said that they don't issue such bank letters, only the headquarter from Minneapolis, wow what a relief... :); she only knows that it costs 60 dollars(great), and it takes up to three weeks(that was the cherry on the pie)-that's their policy :eek:; secondly, I asked her to issue me the bank statement from the last month until now(it would have been less than one month)-this one I wanted to attach it with the last bank statements; The manager's answer: The statement is not ready for this month, therefore we cannot release it to you now...applauses.

Yarla7bh

Sep 12, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 22, 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 23, 2009
AOR Received.
May 06, 2010 (2nd AOR)
File Transfer...
Aug 04, 2010. NY
Med's Request
Oct 26, 2010
Med's Done....
Dec 09, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi Micuza,

I too requested a letter from BOA, they charged me $10 and that is a standard rate. I had ordered a similar letter 3 years back and it was $10 even then, Im not sure why they mentioned $60 to you.
The letter you will get will in no way look like a original one but that how it is......a very simple letter with minimum account info. But it works.

The letter will take about 5 - 10 days (in my case) to reach you and it will have the amounts mentioned on it as of the date it is printed/generated.

You can get it ordered by just calling the Customer support number - 1.800.432.1000 (Monday - Friday*7 a.m. - 10 p.m.Saturday - Sunday*8 a.m. - 5 p.m.)
Tell the customer support that you need the bank letter for immigration purposes, and they will know what you are looking for.

Good luck

CPAMATRIX

Star Member
Aug 7, 2010
JAMAICA
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON, JAMAICA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2010
IELTS Request
21-8-2010
The fee is $10
it is standard across all BOA locations,

Sometimes you have to let them know that this is what your fellow friends paided recently

Skeptic

Star Member
Apr 11, 2010
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Feb-2010
Doc's Request.
16-Apr-2010
AOR Received.
18-Dec-2010
File Transfer...
20-Apr-2010, 16-Nov-2011
What a rip off. I have RBC and the branch issued the letter for free and the same day.

lovebug

Aug 29, 2009
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
May 1st, 2009
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
August 26th, 2009
LANDED..........
June 11th, 2010
Yea...RBC seems to be doing great job….
My experience with them is very good (so far)…
I hope you (micuza2004) get your PR soon.... and then you can FORGET Bank Of America…. !! :p

mistzone

Star Member
Mar 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For some other work I got it from CHASE and it was free, I beleive JP Morgan will soon be ahead of other banks for their services offered. I dont promote them but simply like them and always hated BOA

hunker

Dec 7, 2009
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2009
Doc's Request.
27-01-2010
Nomination.....
noooooooooo
AOR Received.
22-03-2010
IELTS Request
8 BANDS
File Transfer...
05-03-2010
Med's Request
18-05-2010
Med's Done....
15-06-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2010
LANDED..........
23 Jan 2011
micuza2004 said:
Please I need your help. I went to the US BANK in order to get a letter from them with our current balance. Their answer was: We cannot provide you a letter with the current balance of your account. We have to fax your request to Minneapolis(where is their main office), it costs 60 US dollars, and it takes 2-3 weeks. This left me with no words...3 weeks for a simple letter, just to show my own money!!! After I fax that request, I went again to the bank, and the manager said that I will have to wait for their answer, and they will fax that letter to me back. My question to them was: Ok but I need an original letter stamped and signed,not just a faxed letter, and for that I have to pay 60 dollars!!!!!!!
I don't know what to do??? I mean, the visa office should be aware that some bank are really knockheaded...Guys what is your opinion; I have never heard about such thing before...not to be able to go to your bank and get a simple letter....... :mad:
JUST a suggestion!
I agree thas's not good reply from the bank,
But ,I just want to add that ,there i sno need for the original letter from Bank.
In my case too,I had original bank Balance Certificate but I sent them its notary.
So there lies the solution.Send the notary if original is not available.

slavasz

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/10/2009
Doc's Request.
18/12/2009
AOR Received.
19/04/2010
IELTS Request
submitted with docs
File Transfer...
22/12/2009
Med's Request
04/09/2011
Med's Done....
05-09-2011/
Interview........
waved 19/04/2010
Passport Req..
24/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
13/07/2012
LANDED..........
29/08/2012
The moment they would ask me to pay $60 for simple statement (not reference letter) I would call manager to withdraw my money and close the account.

micuza2004

Star Member
Apr 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
14-12-2010
Thank you guys...is not Bank of America, is US bank. My husband and I were on the point of withdrawing our money from they, and open an account at another bank. Unfortunately, I was thinking that transferring the whole amount on the last minute will not look good for the VO...therefore we concluded that we have to wait, and hopefully he next account open will be at a bank in BC.

kamal225

Jun 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,
It is a standard form from any bank in canada or us, all you need to say you need it for Immigration purposes today .
wait for their response and keep in mind yes you do need the letter but the bank need you more they need your money/ business, wait for their answer and ask to speak to the manager politely, addressing who you are and you must have that form filled for immigration purpose and it is your money they are not adding any money to your account they have the letter in their system and they just need to fill it / sign it and give it to you.
they see us desperate and this is the trap, as new immigrants we need the job done we almost beg for a record of our money , for God sake it is our money, I have needed this form twice in the past from cibc they try to delay the issue of the form and request some fee and all I did raise my eyebrows as if wondering as if I did not understand since Immigration called me and requested the form and I was told it is a standard form for free , I made sure I addressed that there should be no charge as told by IO canada and it was done in few minutes while waiting in the manager comfortable leather seat chating with her and the teller came with 2 original copies folded in a neat enevelope, thanks, bye, shake hands and left.
the bank try to rip you off every time they can it part of their job to make money, show them that you know it is free of charge for that service it is a copy of your money and if they can not give it to you some other banks are interested in taking you as their customer.
all the best to all and yes at some points we do pay a little or too much just to get what we need but keep in mind that we have dignity and do not be afraid to speak to the manager that it should be free of charge,
I love canada