+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unable to download the e-Certificate after the Oath Ceremony.

okbangaram

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
I had my Oath ceremony done on August 14th. I sent them the signed Oath docs within an hour of the ceremony. I notified the clerk that I need to travel out of the country within 2 weeks.

I emailed them on August 14th evening asking if I could be switched to e-Certificate as I don't know which option I picked up when I applied for the citizenship.

Yesterday i.e August 15th, I got the instructions to download the e-Certificate via email. I thought it would be there.

When I created the account with the invitation code I am seeing this message.

"Your e-Certificate is not available. Please try again 2-5 business days after you provided your signed Oath of Citizenship."

Its been 2 to 3 business days already and the e-Certificate is still not available.

Not sure what my options are. What is the usual timeline you guys had to access the e-Certificate?

I am planning to
1. Create a Webform request today.
2. Call the IRCC folks tomorrow.
3. Send a reminder email to the Clerk

okbangaram

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
I had my oath on August 10th, today is the 5th business day, no e-certificate yet
thats bad!!! o_O
I need the passport in hand so I can take care of things..

I already created the webform request and emailed the officer. Keeping fingers crossed! Good luck to the both of us

let me know once you get the eCert.

Reactions: Ghess23

okbangaram

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
I am able to download it now! yay! I am now officially a Canadian Citizen.. actually, technically I knew that I will be a Canadian Citizen after Oath .. but after all the delays my brain is still not accepting it.. so now I am 99.999% sure I am one..

once I get the Passport in hand I will be 100% sure..

anyways.. today is the 5th business day.. after Oath.. and maybe that's why.. or because I sent multiple emails and created a webform request..

Anyways.. all the best guys! I hope your process goes smoothly and that you achieve all the things you want in life :cool::)

nikhilwason

Star Member
Sep 6, 2018
Vancouver
I am able to download it now! yay! I am now officially a Canadian Citizen.. actually, technically I knew that I will be a Canadian Citizen after Oath .. but after all the delays my brain is still not accepting it.. so now I am 99.999% sure I am one..

once I get the Passport in hand I will be 100% sure..

anyways.. today is the 5th business day.. after Oath.. and maybe that's why.. or because I sent multiple emails and created a webform request..

Anyways.. all the best guys! I hope your process goes smoothly and that you achieve all the things you want in life :cool::)
I am in the same boat as you and tomorrow is the 5th business day for me!

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
Had my oath on Thursday Aug 24 and still unable to download the e certificate. Has anyone been able to download it at night?

nikhilwason

Star Member
Sep 6, 2018
Vancouver
Had my oath on Thursday Aug 24 and still unable to download the e certificate. Has anyone been able to download it at night?
My sense is that they "release" certificates from the previous day on the morning of each business day, so if it isn't available during the first few hours in the morning, the likelihood of it being available later that day is very low. But that's just based on my observation - I may be wrong.

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
My sense is that they "release" certificates from the previous day on the morning of each business day, so if it isn't available during the first few hours in the morning, the likelihood of it being available later that day is very low. But that's just based on my observation - I may be wrong.
So tomorrow morning is another day of hope? Hmmm. I'm hopeful.

• Haha
Reactions: nikhilwason

ppcg2510

Star Member
Nov 8, 2019
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
27-04-2018
AOR Received.
27-06-2018
Med's Request
21-10-2019
Med's Done....
06-11-2019
Passport Req..
24-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
31-01-2020
LANDED..........
08-02-2020
No i dont think so as mine was not available 3h30pm last friday and became available half an hour later

nikhilwason

Star Member
Sep 6, 2018
Vancouver
yes.. on the 5th day..

pending one more security clearance I should be getting the passport in 2 days.. keeping my fingers crossed.. :rolleyes: you never know where in the process you will get stuck :mad:
Hmm. I'm seeing that a lot of people are able to download their e-certificates only on the 5th business day. Let's see what's in store for me tomorrow!

Your passport should get through - I guess that's the easier part :)