Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2012
File Transfer...
13-02-2013
Med's Done....
19-09-2012
spaceraceone said:
And a question for everybody - how did you, guys, go about med exams?

Did anyone do them in advance - pre-application? We are thinking of doing a med exam before, any thoughts?

Thanks in advance
Welcome, spaceraceone!!! Nice to see another addition here! Let's all be an encouragement to each other and help each other as much as we can. It always brings peace if you know others have had experiences and you can learn things from others.

My wife did her med check before we submitted our application. But, don't do this check TOO early. It has a vaidity of 12 months, so it's best that it's done just before you submit.
Here's a link to a list of panel physicians in Ukraine that you need to contact.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medicalinfo.aspx?CountryID=1926&CountryName=Ukraine

You can arrange an appointment with them. Be patient in trying to get a hold of them. It's time consuming a little bit.
The process takes most of the day, so be prepared to spend a lot of time at this office. You may have to have a pap smear before this check. But the person you speak with from the doctors office will tell you if you need this or not. Anyways, good luck. :)

spaceraceone

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
dayver1331 said:
Welcome, spaceraceone!!! Nice to see another addition here! Let's all be an encouragement to each other and help each other as much as we can. It always brings peace if you know others have had experiences and you can learn things from others.

My wife did her med check before we submitted our application. But, don't do this check TOO early. It has a vaidity of 12 months, so it's best that it's done just before you submit.
Here's a link to a list of panel physicians in Ukraine that you need to contact. You can arrange an appointment with them. Be patient in trying to get a hold of them. It's time consuming a little bit.
The process takes most of the day, so be prepared to spend a lot of time at this office. You may have to have a pap smear before this check. But the person you speak with from the doctors office will tell you if you need this or not. Anyways, good luck. :)
No, I was actually born in Ukraine - received the PR and about to sponsor my spouse. I remember quite vividly all the headache about the exam - it's just when I was going through this, they didn't allow pre-application med exams. Thanks for the tip on this one.

I am very surprised and happy to hear that Kiev office processes apps relatively fast... gods help me (us), I hope it'll stay like that this year.

Maz001

Feb 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kiev
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
AOR Received.
28-02-2013
File Transfer...
14-03-2013
Med's Done....
24-01-2013
spaceraceone said:
And a question for everybody - how did you, guys, go about med exams?

Did anyone do them in advance - pre-application? We are thinking of doing a med exam before, any thoughts?

Thanks in advance
My wife also did her meds in Kiev before we submitted the application. We made sure that was the last thing we did before sending the papers, because medicals are only valid for 12 months.

dayver1331

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kiev
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2012
File Transfer...
13-02-2013
Med's Done....
19-09-2012
My wife and I are a Christian couple. We're trusting God hugely to make our process speedy and clean. This is definitely a chance to trust God. Not sure where anyone else stands here about their faith, but my wife and I are very confident about the goodness of our God.
We're praying in faith for a June VISA for my wife. We're EXCITED to see what God will do!! He's greater than we can give Him credit for!
For everyone here, let's not bury our heads and focus on VISA officers and governments. If you know God, then you know He is in control of your situation, no matter what's going on. All the best to everyone here. :)

spaceraceone

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
dayver1331 said:
My wife and I are a Christian couple. We're trusting God hugely to make our process speedy and clean. This is definitely a chance to trust God. Not sure where anyone else stands here about their faith, but my wife and I are very confident about the goodness of our God.
We're praying in faith for a June VISA for my wife. We're EXCITED to see what God will do!! He's greater than we can give Him credit for!
For everyone here, let's not bury our heads and focus on VISA officers and governments. If you know God, then you know He is in control of your situation, no matter what's going on. All the best to everyone here. :)
I completely agree!

But I can't help thinking about VISA officers and governments ))) bless their hearts, too! I don't think I would want their job))

spaceraceone

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
Hello everyone! So I am going through a doc check list - could someone tell me from their experience what photocopies of documents absolutely have to be certified and what we can just xerox?

I also don't quite understand - what is a certified photocopy? Do we need to bring all the documents to a notary and get them xeroxed there and get a certificatin stamp on them? Is this how it works?

Thanks )

Maz001

Feb 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kiev
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
AOR Received.
28-02-2013
File Transfer...
14-03-2013
Med's Done....
24-01-2013
spaceraceone said:
Oh, and keep forgetting to ask... how much are med exams in Kiev lately? Is it any cheaper for kids?

Thanks)
I cant remember exactly what the amounts are, but my wife and child paid 1,200 UAH last month. Kids are definitely cheaper

Maz001

Feb 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kiev
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
AOR Received.
28-02-2013
File Transfer...
14-03-2013
Med's Done....
24-01-2013
spaceraceone said:
Hello everyone! So I am going through a doc check list - could someone tell me from their experience what photocopies of documents absolutely have to be certified and what we can just xerox?

I also don't quite understand - what is a certified photocopy? Do we need to bring all the documents to a notary and get them xeroxed there and get a certificatin stamp on them? Is this how it works?

Thanks )
Any document that is required as per the guide. eg passports, police records, work records, marriage certificate. All need to be translated, notarized and certified true copies attached.

spaceraceone

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
Maz001 said:
Any document that is required as per the guide. eg passports, police records, work records, marriage certificate. All need to be translated, notarized and certified true copies attached.
Thank you so much!

chickenkiev

Dec 3, 2012
Visa Office......
Kiev
App. Filed.......
Yes
AOR Received.
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Interview........
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
YES
The Embassy of Canada in Ukraine, including the Immigration section, is moving to the following address: 13A Kostyolna street, Kyiv 01901.

The Embassy will be closed for the move starting on 11 April at 15:45 and will reopen for business at the new location on 16 April at 8:30.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ukraine/contact-contactez.aspx?lang=eng&menu_id=14&view=d

spaceraceone

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
Finally just got trough to the panel physician office in Kiev today - as of today the med exam is close to $300 - 2160 grivna. Just in case anybody is looking for some numbers...

dayver1331

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kiev
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2012
File Transfer...
13-02-2013
Med's Done....
19-09-2012
@ ChickenKiev,
GREAT, now we can some MORE delays! (office moving)As if the normal status quo wasn't enough of a delay!! Now, we lose at LEAST another week!!

anybody heard any news yet on their cases?

My wife's papers are in Kyiv now. We may never know when it turns to in process since ECAS is a complete joke. I love the accountability that CIC demands from people who give applications, but they consider it completely fine to bear no responsibility in keeping a very accurate updating system with our cases with ECAS.

Whatever the case with VO's, my God is bigger than them. :)

Maz001

Feb 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kiev
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
AOR Received.
28-02-2013
File Transfer...
14-03-2013
Med's Done....
24-01-2013
dayver1331 said:
@ ChickenKiev,
GREAT, now we can some MORE delays! (office moving)As if the normal status quo wasn't enough of a delay!! Now, we lose at LEAST another week!!

anybody heard any news yet on their cases?

My wife's papers are in Kyiv now. We may never know when it turns to in process since ECAS is a complete joke. I love the accountability that CIC demands from people who give applications, but they consider it completely fine to bear no responsibility in keeping a very accurate updating system with our cases with ECAS.

Whatever the case with VO's, my God is bigger than them. :)
We have not heard anything yet since the SA March 14th. I assume we wont hear anything for a few more weeks yet, if not I plan on calling the embassy in Kiev and inquiring about the status.

dayver1331

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kiev
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2012
File Transfer...
13-02-2013
Med's Done....
19-09-2012
Maz001 said:
We have not heard anything yet since the SA March 14th. I assume we wont hear anything for a few more weeks yet, if not I plan on calling the embassy in Kiev and inquiring about the status.
I see. I emailed the embassy and asked if they had received our documents. Our SA, dated Feb 13th said our stuff had been forwarded to Kiev VO. The embassy replied and said they received our papers on Mar 11th, but they said no one had begun looking at them yet. :(
Seriously, if there's one thing we will learn in this process - it's patience!!! We signed up for this waiting to be together one day, but WOW it's really hard to wait for this chance to be with someone you love even more than you love yourself. It's worth every minute, without a doubt. Anyways, we're still praying and looking to see God's grace for us - He's got SO much ready to give! All the best, guys!