+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

UAE Police Verification from India

rajshreem

Jun 8, 2015
Dear All,

I lived in the UAE between and hence need to submit a police verification report. I currently reside in India.

For the purpose of the same the process seems straight forward as outlined by the Embassy, but one part is really unclear - the fingerprinting. This is what is stated on the site:

My questions are as follows:

1. I don't want to use an agent - so HOW does one get the fingerprints in black ink attested from the Patiala House Fingerprint Cell?
2. What does the "fingerprint form legalized by the UAE Embassy" mean?

If someone has got this done (without an agent), please help! The agent is quoting a rate of INR 35,000!!!

============================================

1. Getting the Fingerprints attested from the UAE Embassy

In order to get a police clearance certificate from any Emirate of UAE, the candidate has to get his fingerprints attested in black ink by the local police station of his city, then by the Ministry of Home of his state and then by the Ministry of External Affairs of India. The address of their Delhi office is Consular Section, Patiala House, Tilak Marg, near India Gate. Other offices of the Ministry of External Affairs are in Chennai, Guwahati, Hyderabad and Kolkata. The candidate can also directly approach the Fingerprint Cell in Patiala House to get his fingerprints done. Attested finger prints are then to be submitted in the UAE Embassy (either by himself, or through his blood relatives, or through any of our authorized agents) from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm, Monday to Friday. Rs.3,750/- is the fee per certificate IN CASH, and the document would be returned back on the same day, between 3:00 pm and 4:00 pm.

2. Sending the Attested Fingerprints to UAE
Once you have received the attested fingerprints back from the Agent, you have to send them to the appropriate agency in the UAE. Please include the following items.

The fingerprint form legalized by the UAE Embassy

A copy of your previous residence permit in the UAE

A copy of your recent passport

Two colored passport-size photographs

Any required fees (depends on jurisdiction)
Send your packet to the concerned Ministry of Interior agencies below. Before sending the documents, please call the UAE Office to receive information on required fees, and to make sure you're sending them to the appropriate jurisdiction.

====================================================

Thanks,
Rajshree.

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
If you stay in Delhi, then you can manage the process on your own.
If you live far away from Delhi, then I suggest you to go via an agent.

INR 30k to 35k is required for UAE PCC - you may apply for it from anywhere in the world. I paid around the same amount to an agent.
UAE PCC is one of the costliest affairs for which you need to shell out a lot of bucks if you are getting it after you have left UAE.

After you obtain your fingerprints from Police, that Fingerprint Form should be attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of your country of residence (in your case India), after this you need to get this fingerprint form attested by the UAE Embassy.

This is what is meant by "fingerprint form legalized by the UAE Embassy"

Just calculate your travel and accommodation expenses to Delhi plus the hassle, if it is less than what you would be paying to the agent, then go ahead and do it yourself. All the best !

rajshreem

Jun 8, 2015
Hi,

Thank you for your response.

Couple of questions:

1. How long did the process take?
2. Where did you get your fingerprints from? - Was there a form which you needed to fill in and take to the local police station before they did your fingerprints? - Also, did the police station ask for some form of a residence proof? I have just moved cities and hence don't have a local address proof of the current city I reside in.

Please help!

Thanks,
Rajshree.

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
I have done this process from my current country of residence - Bahrain.

I visited the Bahrain Ministry of Interior - CID HQ and filled up a form they provided me after showing them the application form for UAE PCC.
They have a fingerprint card on which they took my fingerprints. You need to take 2 photographs with you and you only need your original passport, passport photocopy, UAE Residence Visa copy, etc. with you. One copy of each needs to be submitted to them for records.

Then after obtaining your fingerprint card from them, I got it attested from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Bahrain (In your case - India)
After this, I got it attested from the UAE Embassy in Bahrain. Then, I handed over my attested finerprints card, UAE Visa photocopies, photos and UAE PCC application form to the agent.
I received the PCC within 20 days of submission to the agent.

I hope this helps. In you case, you can hand over the fingerprints card to the agent after you obtain your fingerprints from the Police so that the agent will help you get it attested from both the places and then send it to UAE and then you shall receive your PCC.