+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

UAE Driving license acceptance in Canada April 2018

RB@Winnipeg

Feb 14, 2021
HI Experts ,

I have a UAE ( Abu Dhabi) Valid license and am i eligible to use this in Manitoba as temporary under Foreign skilled worker program .

And what is the best way to avoid delay in getting a permanent license from Manitoba province, Is there any short cut to avoid 10 month waiting..?
do i need to get a letter from Abu Dhabi police or transport to get a direct test

Thanks in advance for your expertise's.

RB@Winnipeg

Feb 14, 2021
Hey Qubs, is this doable for licenses issued in RAK as well?
To anyone who is still wondering how to do this in Abu Dhabi - the process is extremely simple. The entire process can be completed in the building called “vehicles and drivers licensing directorate” (Head to where you normally go to pass / renew your vehicles in Al Mushrif - opposite to mushrif mall—- inside this area there is a main building which is about 5 floors which has a comfortable parking area)

Steps
1. Inform reception on ground floor you need an experience certificate - they will ask you for which country and then you inform them it’s for Canada
2. Collect token from reception and wait for your turn
3. Go to counter and you will be asked to show your driving license for them to input details into system after which it’s returned to you. Next pay 150 aed and then the document will be given to you immediately.

You are done !
How about the Ministry attestation on that document, is that too happens in the mushrif..?

jimshady

Star Member
May 1, 2018
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16 Jan 2019
Med's Request
4 Mar 2019
Med's Done....
12 Mar 2019
Passport Req..
27 Mar 2019
VISA ISSUED...
17 Apr 2019
LANDED..........
8 Aug 2019
Kindly go through the below link :

https://www.rta.ae/wps/portal/rta/ae/home/rta-services/service-details?serviceId=3704313

Terms and conditions
  • In case the customer is applying for an experience certificate to use outside the country, the certificate must be authenticated and stamped by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Dubai
  • The customer is required to pay all the fines related to the driving license.
I did not get any attestation done. Just an official RTA driver history was sufficient. On it they mention that the document can be verified online. I didnt spend the extra for attesting.

aminedjebbar

May 31, 2021
Hi. I was born and raised in Montreal, Canada so I have the passport and the citizenship. I am doing my license in the UAE since I live here now and i'm moving back to Canada as i'm graduating. Would I be able to exchange my UAE driver's license to a Canadian driver's license? My road test is in 2 weeks and I would like to make sure that it would be worth it. Thank you.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi. I was born and raised in Montreal, Canada so I have the passport and the citizenship. I am doing my license in the UAE since I live here now and i'm moving back to Canada as i'm graduating. Would I be able to exchange my UAE driver's license to a Canadian driver's license? My road test is in 2 weeks and I would like to make sure that it would be worth it. Thank you.
1. No, the UAE license is not exchangeable in Canada.

Catmom

May 28, 2020
Hey all. I have a valid UAE license and also an Indian license.
I am currently not living in the UAE and will move to Canada soon. How many tests will I have to give in Canada and how long is the process?
Thanks

samra_

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, is it necessary to attest the UAE driving experience letter?
In Ontario, No. get the UAE driving experience history online by paying the applicable fee in AED. take the printout and present to drive test center in Ontario. You will be directly eligible for G drive test. But you need to pass the G1 knowledge test.

Reactions: canman2021

samra_

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey all. I have a valid UAE license and also an Indian license.
I am currently not living in the UAE and will move to Canada soon. How many tests will I have to give in Canada and how long is the process?
Thanks
get the UAE driving experience history online by paying the applicable fee in AED. take the printout and present to drive test center in Ontario. You will be directly eligible for G drive test. But you need to pass the G1 knowledge test. (G2 test will be exempted if your UAE driver license is more than 2 yrs old i think)

samra_

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

1. No, the UAE license is not exchangeable in Canada.
I am still wondering why Canada is not accepting UAE license as reciprocal exchange. Recently UK has added few countries including UAE as direct driver exchange agreement. UAE has one of the best driving systems and follows the international driving standards, rules and safety regulations. The UAE driver license have a far superior experience of driving on Highways and internal roads

liamle

Jul 13, 2021
Does anyone got their international driver licensed declined saying it’s fake? What is the solution for it if I can not provide proof or authenticity to prove it.

Zinj101

Aug 10, 2021
get the UAE driving experience history online by paying the applicable fee in AED. take the printout and present to drive test center in Ontario. You will be directly eligible for G drive test. But you need to pass the G1 knowledge test. (G2 test will be exempted if your UAE driver license is more than 2 yrs old i think)
Hi this is if you have a Driving Licence from Dubai, anyone knows the process/procedure if ones licence is from SHARJAH ?Tx

canman2021

Jun 20, 2021
Hi this is if you have a Driving Licence from Dubai, anyone knows the process/procedure if ones licence is from SHARJAH ?Tx
Same procedure but there is no online service in sharjah police , you need to go in person and apply for the experience letter which will cost 100dh.

Reactions: Zinj101

RB@Winnipeg

Feb 14, 2021
Not sure if you have got feedback on your queries before...
You cannot exchange UAE driving with Canadian driving license https://www.ontario.ca/page/exchange-out-province-drivers-licence

-If your driving license is relatively new, you will be required to appear for G1(knowledge test) - G2(intermediate lic. - road test required (you can only take this test once you complete full 1 year on your license)). https://www.ontario.ca/page/exchange-out-province-drivers-licence#section-2(Ref: Under 2 years driving experience (no exchange))
-If you are driving license is 2+ years, you will be required to appear for G1 and then you can appear for a G (main license - road test(incl highway) required) ((Ref: 2+ years driving experience (no exchange))

You should order a UAE driving license history. You can use the RTA website/smart app to do that., if you are in Dubai. You may need to get it attested from Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Dubai(they have a branch in Al Manara Municipality building on SZR) and carry it along when you move to Canada. The original doc is required to be submitted at Drive Test locations(if you are moving to Ontario). this history/letter should not be more than 3 months old
You will need to bring in your original passport

thats great and valuable information...can you also share the abu dhabi requirement