+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Typical Processing times

Maria Joy

Oct 25, 2017
I have applied for visitor visa for my parents from outside Canada(India) on August 10th,2017. After regular processing time (34 days), I have submitted a web form on Oct 05th, 2017 but had not received any response for the form and there is no status update for my application.
Any advise what needs to be done. Please help.

Aug 10th, 2017: Application submitted
Aug 15th, 2017: Confirmation on application received
There is no update in CIC account after that.

excitedme

Apr 15, 2015
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
02-02-2018
I have applied for visitor visa for my parents from outside Canada(India) on August 10th,2017. After regular processing time (34 days), I have submitted a web form on Oct 05th, 2017 but had not received any response for the form and there is no status update for my application.

there isnt much that you can do. its a waiting game. it sucks but thats what it is. they will respond to your webform though but may not give specifics of the application.

excitedme

Apr 15, 2015
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
02-02-2018

there isnt much that you can do. its a waiting game. it sucks but thats what it is. they will respond to your webform though but may not give specifics of the application.

Reactions: Maria Joy

excitedme

Apr 15, 2015
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
02-02-2018
Hey, yes I did. My application reached Ottawa office Oct 2nd, till now no updates from them whatsoever.
you mean you applied online 2nd october? or you applied by paper? because i applied on the 3rd online and already received passport request

ZiyodaSh

Sep 28, 2017
you mean you applied online 2nd october? or you applied by paper? because i applied on the 3rd online and already received passport request
No, by mail. But i sent my passport together with the application too as one of the CIC officers advised me to do to save time. Did you send your passport over already and waiting for it to be shipped back?

excitedme

Apr 15, 2015
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
02-02-2018
No, by mail. But i sent my passport together with the application too as one of the CIC officers advised me to do to save time. Did you send your passport over already and waiting for it to be shipped back?
i have an exam and require my passport in a week as a result i will mail my passport after the exam.

you can link your application online to see the status

Richa!

Oct 3, 2017
So, I got the passport request on October 14th. I sent the passport the same day. The passport arrived at the embassy on October 16th. I enclosed an empty xpresspost envelope for the return. The trackign number has not been activated, so they haven't sent it back. Also, no news on the online application.
Hi, My case is similar. My passport reached IRCC office on 30 Oct 2017, i got online application update that my application has been approved on 16 Nov 2017. I am afraid they might have lost my passport as the expresspost tracking number i sent along is still untrackable.
As far as i know it takes 2 days to reach..
Any idea how can i know whether my passport is lost / anything else ?

excitedme

Apr 15, 2015
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
02-02-2018
Hi, My case is similar. My passport reached IRCC office on 30 Oct 2017, i got online application update that my application has been approved on 16 Nov 2017. I am afraid they might have lost my passport as the expresspost tracking number i sent along is still untrackable.
As far as i know it takes 2 days to reach..
Any idea how can i know whether my passport is lost / anything else ?
if the xpresspost return envelope you sent has not been activated, they have probably not sent it back yet.