+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

two questions

bundori

Star Member
Aug 24, 2007
If they let me in to canada without stamping my date of entry on the passport and don't write anything, which means i have 6 months. but on the application for sponsorship, it gives the request to proof you went in to canada legally and admitted. since they did not stamp my passport, what should i do to satisfy that question. - very concerned about that part. my boarding pass photocopy? Oh man. If they scan my passport they already see how many times i have come in to canada huhh? would they question and give me hard time with having come to canada only a few months back? and then another few months back? i just wonder

i know i've asked this question before, but i do't quite know the answer still.........After submitting my application for immigration, while waiting for AIP/owp, am i allowed to look for a job? meaning after the forms have been submitted lets say i was interviewing for a position and they decide to hire me, then what would hapen (while the immigraion paperwork is in process)....if i cant be doing that, i might as well not even try to put my resumes in? Along the same line, can i participate in on-line study courses, or be a market study participant or photocontests, art contests, receiving monetary compensation before I am a PR? or reciving AIP?

I know the answer is probably in the medical requiremetns sections, but the photos that i take for the medical exam, are the the same dimension requirements as the immigration photos?

I think i know the driving requirements for canada with a us drivers license. i can drive with my valid us license for up to six months, after which i need to switch to International drivers license - first of all, can i apply for the int'l drivers license (while not a pr) while in Canada? Then driving on int'l drivers license for a year, i need to officially get a canada drivers license. Do i need to surrender and give up my us license or can i have both?

and Does it make sense to ship my car over to canada (giving it makes economical sense) while waiting for AIP? because while i have 45 days before i need to register my vehicle and get everything fixed (like dash board) why would Canada and How ould canada register your vehicle if you are not even a recognized resident of canada? Unless because i am married then I can put the car under my wife and then my name?

THANK YOU FOR ANSWERING (ANYONE) TO THE DOUBLE AMOUNT OF QUESTIONS THAT I HAD.

OH, ONE MORE QUESTION, while waiting for AIP/PR, if i fly between calgary to toronto or toronto to vancouver etc (flying within canada, would i have to use my passporst or are the domestic flights operating out of a different airport terminal that does not make you go through with a passport)

alright, so i went from 2 questions to 5 questions. we'll see how many of these 5 questions i get answerd.

Have a good weekend ALL. and good luck to everyone in immigartion process. Stay warm and take caer.

hypnotic8

Dec 29, 2007
For your first question, yes, I guess your boarding pass would be enough proof of when you entered Canada.
About working while waiting for AIP, yes, it is possible, but you have to find an employer willing to sponsor you( the employer has to prove he couldn't find a Canadian to do that job before he hires you) and the paper work takes a long time, so I don't know if it's worth it, considering the current processing times are 5-6 months for AIP.
I'm not sure about the driving license or your car, sorry.
For domestic flights I think just a photo id will suffice and don't worry, you won't have to go trough immigration.

tamee

Jul 25, 2007
if ur from the US, then after pr all u have to do is hand over ur US license and they give u canada one.

photos for med exam are up to the DMP, at least it was for outland, not sure if its the same for inland.

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
bundori said:
If they let me in to canada without stamping my date of entry on the passport and don't write anything, which means i have 6 months. but on the application for sponsorship, it gives the request to proof you went in to canada legally and admitted. since they did not stamp my passport, what should i do to satisfy that question. - very concerned about that part. my boarding pass photocopy? Oh man. If they scan my passport they already see how many times i have come in to canada huhh? would they question and give me hard time with having come to canada only a few months back? and then another few months back? i just wonder

i know i've asked this question before, but i do't quite know the answer still.........After submitting my application for immigration, while waiting for AIP/owp, am i allowed to look for a job? meaning after the forms have been submitted lets say i was interviewing for a position and they decide to hire me, then what would hapen (while the immigraion paperwork is in process)....if i cant be doing that, i might as well not even try to put my resumes in? Along the same line, can i participate in on-line study courses, or be a market study participant or photocontests, art contests, receiving monetary compensation before I am a PR? or reciving AIP?

I know the answer is probably in the medical requiremetns sections, but the photos that i take for the medical exam, are the the same dimension requirements as the immigration photos?

I think i know the driving requirements for canada with a us drivers license. i can drive with my valid us license for up to six months, after which i need to switch to International drivers license - first of all, can i apply for the int'l drivers license (while not a pr) while in Canada? Then driving on int'l drivers license for a year, i need to officially get a canada drivers license. Do i need to surrender and give up my us license or can i have both?

and Does it make sense to ship my car over to canada (giving it makes economical sense) while waiting for AIP? because while i have 45 days before i need to register my vehicle and get everything fixed (like dash board) why would Canada and How ould canada register your vehicle if you are not even a recognized resident of canada? Unless because i am married then I can put the car under my wife and then my name?
OH, ONE MORE QUESTION, while waiting for AIP/PR, if i fly between calgary to toronto or toronto to vancouver etc (flying within canada, would i have to use my passporst or are the domestic flights operating out of a different airport terminal that does not make you go through with a passport)
If you're from one of the visa-exempt countries, you don't have to prove you were admitted. Just write a note telling them when you arrived and explaining that immigration didn't stamp your passport.

You can look for a job no matter who or where you are. You just can't work - unless you find a business willing to sponsor you for a work permit. If you find an employer willing to go through the hassle, then here's a link that will answer questions on how to get the work permit:

http://www.canadaworkvisa.ca/

Yes, the photo sizes are the same. Note, however, that they're a different size than U.S. passport photos.

If you immigrate to Canada, your U.S. driver's license is good for 6 months after you land. After that, you cannot legally drive in Canada using your U.S. license. You are supposed to take your U.S. driver's license to the nearest licensing office and exchange your U.S. license for one from the province you're residing in. They'll probably give you an eye test, and there will be a fee. The Canadian license will allow you to drive in either Canada or the U.S. Here's a link for getting your license exchanged in British Columbia:

http://www.icbc.com/licensing/lic_renew_replace_new.asp#caagsjsk

You can't register the vehicle in Canada until/unless you are a permanent resident or a citizen. So either wait or put it in your wife's name.

You must always show identification when flying. In the U.S., you'd need at least a local driver's license. The same holds for Canada, but since you won't have a driver's license or PR card yet, you'll need your passport.