+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Two parallel experiences ...What to do?

manlec

Aug 28, 2009
I have MS degree in Engineering. I am working in the telecom service department of a big university as the Manager, Systems Management. At the same time, I am teaching undergraduate courses in the same University as a Lecturer. Both parallel experiences are of more than 4 years. Because of this situation, I have several confusions on how to mention my experience.
1. Does my first experience fall under NOC 0213 (Manager, Computer and Inf Syst)? As first I thought that I am under NOC 0131 (Telecom Managers) but later found that this NOC is not under shortlist of 38 categories. Then I checked 0213 and found that my experience may also fit in there as they are mentioning telecom hardware and software also.
2. Does my second experience fall under NOC 4121 (Univ Professors)? I got confused because of the requirement of PhD degree for this NOC. Altough, my job responsibilities are fulfiling the requirements of 4121.
3. Should I apply mentioning both experiences or mentioining one and omitting the other one is better? I came to know that Canadians prefer 1 single full time experience rather than two part time experiences. If I dont mention the other one and if my application is accpeted, can it cause some problems later on?
4. If both expriences should be mentioned then which one should I make the main one.
5. If only one should be mentioned then which one has higher probability of acceptance.

Thanks a lot.

harryk

Star Member
Apr 29, 2009
India
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maybe you can apply under category 4131 of collegeand other vocational instructors....as there is a doubt of phD for univ. instructor.