+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Two financial support document required - have one document of scholarship

hardik2

Aug 11, 2017
As you guided me I used all the documents and applied for the Canada TRV visa. I applied last month on 17 August 2017. The processing time for Indian application is 25 days but now it's almost 23 days but still I haven't received any update on my application (except application no. and UCI). I have my flight in 10 days on 19 September from Delhi. What should I do? Please guide me

Reactions: Tavia

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Processing time for India applications has increased to 32 days. Normally, the visa office will not respond to queries before the processing time has passed.

Nonetheless, you can email the relevant visa office early next week to request for a decision. You must include evidence of your scholarship + bookings + conference payment registration, etc with your email

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Neither.

Processing times posted on the IRCC website are only a guide/estimate. Actual time for an application could take longer/faster.

You must write to delhi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca. VFS has no part to play in the visa decision process + does not have any information about the application status.

You must request for an expedited decision + state the facts about the scholarship/conference as they are. You can also include some details about how this conference would help your study program and future career

hardik2

Aug 11, 2017
As you asked me to write an email stating all the facts I did exactly. But I have not received any reply till now. Its only 4 days now for my flight. Anything else I could do?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
It depends on where you live. The Chandigarh visa office is responsible for TRV applications from Chandigarh, Punjab and Haryana, whereas the New Delhi visa office is responsible for TRV from India (no specific region/state is mentioned).

You can email both visa offices if you reside in North India + send a Case Specific Enquiry. There's really nothing else you can do to expedite a decision.

No, you cannot visit the visa office. Applicants are not allowed to meet/interact/speak with the visa processing staff

hardik2

Aug 11, 2017
Thank you for all your advice. I appreciate it. But now I have passed the dates of my flight and conference datre but still no update on my application. Now is it wise to withdraw the application. And how should I proceed with the withdraw process?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
It's most unfortunate that you did not receive a decision in time.

No, do not withdraw your application. The decision to allow you to withdraw/cancel your ongoing processing is with the visa office even if you request it. You've waited this long. I suggest you wait for the decision.

Hopefully you'll get a positive decision so that you can travel in the future (without applying again)

Uzairazhar55

Star Member
Jul 14, 2019
@Bryanna can you please help me with my TRV application? i was refused today on the following grounds:
Travel history
ties to canada and home country
financial assets

Uzairazhar55

Star Member
Jul 14, 2019
Hi @Bryanna, i have been reading your comments and views on many trv applications and have also read that your experience has helped many people to get their TRV approved.
I also applied for TRV but it got refused today for the following reasons:

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

I have only traveled to Iraq for religious reasons for a week and that was it. I do know it is not compulsory to have a good travel history.
My wife is in canada on study permit. Her college started this May. So i was hoping i could visit her and spend some time with her after a 2 weeks quarantine.
I showed my fathers bank statement of around 11k$, his employment status and salary slips.
I also provided my salary slips and employment letter but it was outdated coz of coronavirus situation. i can get an updated one now.

Can you please help me here.