+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Two financial support document required - have one document of scholarship

hardik2

Aug 11, 2017
I am an undergraduate student in India who depends on his father financially. I have got a scholarship to attend ROSCon 2017 a two day conference on robotics in Vancouver. I have their email as a proof of what I am getting in scholarship like flight compensation and accommodation (for three nights). I plan to come on 20 September and leave on 24 September. What should I provide in both of these documents Proof of Means of Financial Support, and Proof of Means of Financial Support of the Supporter.
  1. Can I upload the same email in both the category of documents?
  2. If not in which category of document should I upload the email. And what to upload in other category of document then?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I am an undergraduate student in India who depends on his father financially. I have got a scholarship to attend ROSCon 2017 a two day conference on robotics in Vancouver. I have their email as a proof of what I am getting in scholarship like flight compensation and accommodation (for three nights). I plan to come on 20 September and leave on 24 September. What should I provide in both of these documents Proof of Means of Financial Support, and Proof of Means of Financial Support of the Supporter.
  1. Can I upload the same email in both the category of documents?
  2. If not in which category of document should I upload the email. And what to upload in other category of document then?
First, an email proof confirming your flight and hotel will be paid for won't work. Your Canadian host must provide provisional hotel bookings + flight tickets to support your visit + evidence of actual financial support for your visit.

Proof of Means of Financial Support:
You (as the applicant) must prove you have the financial resources to afford the cost of the visit (even though your host will pay for plane tickets and hotel).

As a student, if you cannot pay for the visit then you can include a 'Letter of Financial Support' from your dad + his 6 months bank statements + his recent ITR + any financial investments which can be liquidated, if required (FDs, RDs, shares/stocks, etc)

Proof of Means of Financial Support of the Supporter:
These documents must be provided by your host i.e. their bank statement (most recent, one month) + hotel and plane tickets (if paid for. Although it's not advisable to buy tickets before a visa is issued, these could be refundable ones)

Reactions: Can_US

hardik2

Aug 11, 2017
First, an email proof confirming your flight and hotel will be paid for won't work. Your Canadian host must provide provisional hotel bookings + flight tickets to support your visit + evidence of actual financial support for your visit.

Proof of Means of Financial Support:
You (as the applicant) must prove you have the financial resources to afford the cost of the visit (even though your host will pay for plane tickets and hotel).

As a student, if you cannot pay for the visit then you can include a 'Letter of Financial Support' from your dad + his 6 months bank statements + his recent ITR + any financial investments which can be liquidated, if required (FDs, RDs, shares/stocks, etc)

Proof of Means of Financial Support of the Supporter:
These documents must be provided by your host i.e. their bank statement (most recent, one month) + hotel and plane tickets (if paid for. Although it's not advisable to buy tickets before a visa is issued, these could be refundable ones)
What are the documents that I can provide by myself for the Proof of Means of Financial Support of the Supporter if we assume my dad is my supporter instead of organization giving me scholarship?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
What are the documents that I can provide by myself for the Proof of Means of Financial Support of the Supporter if we assume my dad is my supporter instead of organization giving me scholarship?
Similar to the documents I had suggested earlier

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
So can I add same documents from my dad to both categories?
IMO, you could have a better chance of a TRV approval if you're able to provide solid evidence that you have been selected for this scholarship (including how and why were you selected, etc) + your expenses will be paid by the Canadian host..... instead of your dad paying for your visit

hardik2

Aug 11, 2017
IMO, you could have a better chance of a TRV approval if you're able to provide solid evidence that you have been selected for this scholarship (including how and why were you selected, etc) + your expenses will be paid by the Canadian host..... instead of your dad paying for your visit
But if I could show the financial support from my dad by attaching his bank statements+ITR
I have also booked the flight tickets and have the tickets to the conference also.
Wouldn't that be enough ?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
But if I could show the financial support from my dad by attaching his bank statements+ITR
I have also booked the flight tickets and have the tickets to the conference also.
Wouldn't that be enough ?
Like I have mentioned earlier, the chances of an approval are better if you can prove that you have indeed won a scholarship + a fully-paid trip like you stated in your first post

hardik2

Aug 11, 2017
Like I have mentioned earlier, the chances of an approval are better if you can prove that you have indeed won a scholarship + a fully-paid trip like you stated in your first post
So what else do I need for it? Will it be done in under a month? I have flight on 19 september.

hardik2

Aug 11, 2017
I have one more doubt. Do I need to prove strong ties to my home country while applying online. Do I need to include that as a letter in letter of explanation document (which says it's optional). If yes, as a student I have my past years transcripts and the fee slip of my current academic session. I have my father, mother and sister in my family. As a financial asset I have a FD in my name. How else I could prove strong ties and prove my intention coming back as per my itinerary.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I have one more doubt. Do I need to prove strong ties to my home country while applying online.
Yes. You must prove your strong ties + adequate finances for the visit and airfare + genuine, short-term purpose of visit

Do I need to include that as a letter in letter of explanation document (which says it's optional).
Yes

If yes, as a student I have my past years transcripts and the fee slip of my current academic session.
You'll need to prove that you are indeed attending classes as a student of the current year i.e. letter from your college/university for leave approval and stating you are a bonafide student + student ID proof + tuition fee receipt for the current academic session + some reason to return by a specific date (preferably, exams scheduled in the short future), etc

I have my father, mother and sister in my family.
As your parents/sister are not dependent on you financially or for their well-being, they are not strong family ties to return to. Nonetheless, they are family ties.

As a financial asset I have a FD in my name.
Is the FD locked (cumulative interest)? If yes, then it can be shown as part of your overall financial situation.... but not as funds for your visit.

If the FD interest is credited to your bank account on a regular basis then you must include the FD interest certificate + copy of the FD + you can include it as part of your available finances for the visit

How else I could prove strong ties and prove my intention coming back as per my itinerary.
It would really depend on your individual circumstances

hardik2

Aug 11, 2017
Yes. You must prove your strong ties + adequate finances for the visit and airfare + genuine, short-term purpose of visit

Yes

You'll need to prove that you are indeed attending classes as a student of the current year i.e. letter from your college/university for leave approval and stating you are a bonafide student + student ID proof + tuition fee receipt for the current academic session + some reason to return by a specific date (preferably, exams scheduled in the short future), etc

Do I all of these documents or some of these will work?

As your parents/sister are not dependent on you financially or for their well-being, they are not strong family ties to return to. Nonetheless, they are family ties.

Is the FD locked (cumulative interest)? If yes, then it can be shown as part of your overall financial situation.... but not as funds for your visit.

FD is locked. So in which document I can include it?
If the FD interest is credited to your bank account on a regular basis then you must include the FD interest certificate + copy of the FD + you can include it as part of your available finances for the visit

It would really depend on your individual circumstances

hardik2

Aug 11, 2017
Are all the documents required from my college or some will work?
FD is locked so in which document I could include it in?