+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TVR for mother - Biometric Complete - Awaiting for status change.

kmlprt

Sep 17, 2018
Hi Experts - I'm a PR and staying in Canada for more than one and a half year now. I applied my mother's visitor visa application from the United States of America as she's currently staying there.My mother is an Indian passport holder , she's on B1/B2 visa in USA.

Application submitted: January 1, 2021
Biometrics - January 13, 2021:Completed.

Below are the name of letters received :
Submission ConfirmationJanuary 29, 2021
Biometrics Collection LetterJanuary 3, 2021
Confirmation of Online Application TransmissionJanuary 1, 2021

I'd like to know if there's possibly a way to expedite the process , since I would like her to come to Canada and she can't stay for long in US as a visitor now. Because of COVID we've not met for a very long duration and as the current processing time for people applying from US is 47 days , I'm not sure why there's no update for the application. I'm waiting from last 4.5 months now.
If anyone has a suggestion , kindly let me know . Should I fill Submit a travel exemption enquiry form ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Experts - I'm a PR and staying in Canada for more than one and a half year now. I applied my mother's visitor visa application from the United States of America as she's currently staying there.My mother is an Indian passport holder , she's on B1/B2 visa in USA.

Application submitted: January 1, 2021
Biometrics - January 13, 2021:Completed.

Below are the name of letters received :
Submission ConfirmationJanuary 29, 2021
Biometrics Collection LetterJanuary 3, 2021
Confirmation of Online Application TransmissionJanuary 1, 2021

I'd like to know if there's possibly a way to expedite the process , since I would like her to come to Canada and she can't stay for long in US as a visitor now. Because of COVID we've not met for a very long duration and as the current processing time for people applying from US is 47 days , I'm not sure why there's no update for the application. I'm waiting from last 4.5 months now.
If anyone has a suggestion , kindly let me know . Should I fill Submit a travel exemption enquiry form ?
Yes you should fill out the travel exemption form. She must show ties to her home country so if she has been in the US for a long period time that could be an issue.

kmlprt

Sep 17, 2018
Thank you for your reply.

I've already submitted the web form right now. Though her legal stay duration in USA is going to expire soon and she'd have to return to India after that. She does have strong ties to her home country because of her parents and our property back there. But with the ongoing travel restrictions and the current pandemic situation I'd prefer her not returning to India for a little while. We were expecting her to visit Canada some time back, it's just that with visa not getting processed in expected time ,we're not sure now how to proceed next.

Yes you should fill out the travel exemption form. She must show ties to her home country so if she has been in the US for a long period time that could be an issue.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for your reply.

I've already submitted the web form right now. Though her legal stay duration in USA is going to expire soon and she'd have to return to India after that. She does have strong ties to her home country because of her parents and our property back there. But with the ongoing travel restrictions and the current pandemic situation I'd prefer her not returning to India for a little while. We were expecting her to visit Canada some time back, it's just that with visa not getting processed in expected time ,we're not sure now how to proceed next.
Her parents wouldn't be considered strong ties if she has been away from them for so long.

kmlprt

Sep 17, 2018
Thanks canuck78 . For now, I'll just wait for any update on her application. I'll post here, if there's any change.