+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Turkish stamp in passport and citizenship interview

emadg

Aug 22, 2008
i have invited to do citizenship interview and they want me to get any stamps in passport be translated . i have Arabic stamp and 1 exit and 1 entry stamp in Turkish. i can have Arabic one translated but not for Turkish. is it OK to not translate Turkish stamp and only do the Arabic ones . thank you

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011

scorph

Aug 17, 2017
Abbotsford BC
i have invited to do citizenship interview and they want me to get any stamps in passport be translated . i have Arabic stamp and 1 exit and 1 entry stamp in Turkish. i can have Arabic one translated but not for Turkish. is it OK to not translate Turkish stamp and only do the Arabic ones . thank you
My advice: have all concerned stamps translated. Because if your file is being handled by a zealous officer, not translating some of these stamps will cause a delay in the processing of your application.
I believe you can find a translator in your community.
Play it safe by having translated all stamps that are in languages other than English or French.

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
Just click the link provided.
You will find the comment of Qorax a respected and senior member of the forum. You could follow his comment or if still in doubt PM him.

sistemc

Feb 2, 2014
In my passport at the interview I had (all on a single page):
- one Turkish 90 days visitor’s visa sticker, both in English and Turkish
- two Turkish stamps exactly like those on the link provided above
- one Turkish stamp confirming that I paid taxes for entering the Turkey with a car (in Turkish only)

I didn’t translate anything of the above, and everything went smoothly at the interview.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
there are many countries that no longer stamp passports for entry/exit, what they gonna check?
Yeah, true many countries don't stamp the passport but they want to look at the countries you've been to that stamp passports.

For other trips, they would go by the information that CBSA has - they record every international arrival. They might also have a way of checking directly with the border/immigration authorities of the other country if they see they need.