+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

tuberculosis

truedeath1

Aug 18, 2011
14-may-12 - further medical requested.
21-may-12 letter for further medical was received.
31-dec-12 further medical done
15-feb-13 - supposed to send the medical report to canadian embassy
4-apr-13 - received the letter that visa is ready
10-apr-13 - passport sent to canadian embassy
22-apr-13 - received call from canada embassy that they did not receive my medical
23-apr-13 - medical report sent to canadian embassy

i have received the letter from Canadian embassy abudhabi that my and my son's visa is ready and they requested to send the passport.
so i send our passport accordingly. (my wife is the sponsor)
but after receiving the passport canadian embassy informed me that it was a mistake and they noticed that they haven't received my further medical(sputum culture and chest xray). but they received my son's medical report.

i then contacted my DMP and found that DMP did not send the report because he found something and he tried to contact but he could not reach me as my phone was turned off.

my report is as follows

Culture for Acid Fast bacilli/Mycobacteria : Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex grown

Note:
1. All positive results are confirmed by acid fast smear examination.
2. Rapid TB Ag MPT64 test differentiates between Mycobacterium tuborculosis complex and mycobacterium other than tuborculosis(MOTT)
3. Recovery of mycobacteria is dependent on the number of organisms present in the specimen, sample collection technique, clinical symptoms and treatment and mycobacteria species.

Comments:
Following Anti-tuberculer drug sensitivity tests(DST) are available.

but in my Xray there was no findings related to TB. and there was no change in my six months x rays.

now i am waiting for the response from canadian embassy.

I would like to know what might be their response. will they return my passport for further medical or they will issue visa with surveillance scheme.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I suspect that if they have a positive culture, you will be blocked from travelling until it's resolved.
It's now 4 months since the last medical, so it could be worse now. You might be very infectious...

truedeath1

Aug 18, 2011
i still do not have any of the symptoms of Active TB like the following.
Signs and symptoms of active TB include:
Cough
Unintentional weight loss
Fatigue
Fever
Night sweats
Chills
Loss of appetite

i have none of the above symptoms and the xray has been unchanged from may 2012 to dec 2012.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Maybe so, but if it's visible in a culture, it's still going to need further investigation.
One sneeze and you can send an aerosol of live Mycobacteria into anyone who is nearby.
It really doesn't matter what *we* think, it's what the DMP and RMO think about it.

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
zardoz said:
Maybe so, but if it's visible in a culture, it's still going to need further investigation.
One sneeze and you can send an aerosol of live Mycobacteria into anyone who is nearby.
It really doesn't matter what *we* think, it's what the DMP and RMO think about it.
Agreed. Be prepared to have another chest x-ray done.

truedeath1

Aug 18, 2011
i had gone through two chest xray.
one was on May 2012 and another one was on dec12.
and there was no changes.
MY DMP said, it should not be a problem as there was no changes in the xray.
But if i have to go through another test, will they hold my passport till then or they will return my passport.

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
truedeath1 said:
i had gone through two chest xray.
one was on May 2012 and another one was on dec12.
and there was no changes.
MY DMP said, it should not be a problem as there was no changes in the xray.
But if i have to go through another test, will they hold my passport till then or they will return my passport.
If you require the passport for the medical test, they will return it to you. If you don't require the passport for the x-ray, then they will probably hold onto it, but no one can really for-tell what the embassy will or won't do.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
As you are the principal applicant, you could email the Canadian embassy and ask them. Whatever happens to your application will affect your son's as well. He will not be able to land before you.

WoodyKatie

Oct 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 31, 2012
File Transfer...
Dec. 12, 2012
Med's Done....
Oct. 9, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 29, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 29, 2013
LANDED..........
October 2, 2013
truedeath1 said:
14-may-12 - further medical requested.
21-may-12 letter for further medical was received.
31-dec-12 further medical done
15-feb-13 - supposed to send the medical report to canadian embassy
4-apr-13 - received the letter that visa is ready
10-apr-13 - passport sent to canadian embassy
22-apr-13 - received call from canada embassy that they did not receive my medical
23-apr-13 - medical report sent to canadian embassy

i have received the letter from Canadian embassy abudhabi that my and my son's visa is ready and they requested to send the passport.
so i send our passport accordingly. (my wife is the sponsor)
but after receiving the passport canadian embassy informed me that it was a mistake and they noticed that they haven't received my further medical(sputum culture and chest xray). but they received my son's medical report.

i then contacted my DMP and found that DMP did not send the report because he found something and he tried to contact but he could not reach me as my phone was turned off.

my report is as follows

Culture for Acid Fast bacilli/Mycobacteria : Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex grown

Note:
2. Rapid TB Ag MPT64 test differentiates between Mycobacterium tuborculosis complex and mycobacterium other than tuborculosis(MOTT)
3. Recovery of mycobacteria is dependent on the number of organisms present in the specimen, sample collection technique, clinical symptoms and treatment and mycobacteria species.

Comments:

but in my Xray there was no findings related to TB. and there was no change in my six months x rays.

now i am waiting for the response from canadian embassy.

I would like to know what might be their response. will they return my passport for further medical or they will issue visa with surveillance scheme.
Hi! Why did you took an AFB test if your xray was clear and you have no symptoms at all? I wonder how did your DMP came up to an AFB test despite of being asymptomatic and it s not a routine medical exam.. Correct me if Im wrong..

comarxx

Jan 12, 2012
Manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
truedeath1 said:
i still do not have any of the symptoms of Active TB like the following.
Signs and symptoms of active TB include:
Cough
Unintentional weight loss
Fatigue
Fever
Night sweats
Chills
Loss of appetite

i have none of the above symptoms and the xray has been unchanged from may 2012 to dec 2012.
These s/sx can only be seen later in ptb when it is not treated. I think from what you have said you have had the treatment for 6 months. Xrays are the LEAST conclusive of all teat second only to BCG test the best is the culture.

comarxx

Jan 12, 2012
Manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WoodyKatie said:
Hi! Why did you took an AFB test if your xray was clear and you have no symptoms at all? I wonder how did your DMP came up to an AFB test despite of being asymptomatic and it s not a routine medical exam.. Correct me if Im wrong..
Maybe his dmp is not so sure about the result of the xrays, who knows maybe he sees something but cannot be too sure what was it about. Afb skin test is very cheap compared to culture and sensitivity.

WoodyKatie

Oct 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 31, 2012
File Transfer...
Dec. 12, 2012
Med's Done....
Oct. 9, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 29, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 29, 2013
LANDED..........
October 2, 2013
TB might be asypmtomatic but if you have a positive result in 3 Consecutive AFB test, then you have TB. If you have been treated for 6 months without fail, then you must be cured and will have a negative AFB result. TB is not communicable once you start taking medications, maybe 2 weeks after to be sure, but we dont know if the embassy will take consideration or they will have to be sure youre treated prior to landing.

WoodyKatie

Oct 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 31, 2012
File Transfer...
Dec. 12, 2012
Med's Done....
Oct. 9, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 29, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 29, 2013
LANDED..........
October 2, 2013
comarxx said:
Maybe his dmp is not so sure about the result of the xrays, who knows maybe he sees something but cannot be too sure what was it about. Afb skin test is very cheap compared to culture and sensitivity.
Yeah, maybe his DMP was not sure of the xray.. But I think the DMP didnt told him that there s something suspicious of it.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
comarxx said:
if I may ask what was the result of your culture?
The OP said this was the result.

my report is as follows

Note:

Comments:

That's a confirmed positive. (Once upon a time, many years ago, I used to do TB smears and cultures as a job).